Windows 10: Problem with services.exe

Discus and support Problem with services.exe in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hello everyone I have a problem with an application It runs in the background and takes 50/60% of my processor It is called "Service and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vaaagos, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Problem with services.exe

/u/Vaaagos, Dec 7, 2019
  2. dmccoy Win User

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Dec 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Problem with services.exe

Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Problem with services.exe

1. Problem with services.exe - Similar Threads - Problem services exe

2. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  3. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  4. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with Python .exe apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Python .exe apps: Hi,I've made a python program and I converted it to .exe file using pyinstaller. But the defender detects it as a trojan. Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-python-exe-apps/e55c4306-a52b-4dad-b93b-d43de1552236
  6. Exe file problem

Exe file problem: In my pc some of the exe file setups are not opening.Whenever i open them nothing shows up no error screen nothing. It does the same when i open chrome setup it shows nothing . Plzz fix this problem....
  7. .exe Installation Problem

.exe Installation Problem: Hey everyone, I'm facing a weird and frustrating problem. I got a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-15IKB (Freedos) a couple days ago. I installed Windows 10 with the .iso file I got from Windows. I entered my license key and I updated drivers, installed all Windows updates and...
  8. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...
  9. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...