Windows 10: Problem with services

Discus and support Problem with services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the 'Function Discovery Provider Host' service set to 'Automatic' and started. Also the 'Function Discovery Resource Publiction' is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EugenIordachescu, May 6, 2019.

1. Problem with services

I have the 'Function Discovery Provider Host' service set to 'Automatic' and started. Also the 'Function Discovery Resource Publiction' is set 'Automatic' and started. Every time when my computer is making a update, after restart, my computer can't be seen in local network if i don't first stop and then restart those 2 services manualy. What can i do to make this automatic, not manualy ?

:)

EugenIordachescu, May 6, 2019
  2. dmccoy Win User

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, May 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 6, 2019
  4. Problem with services

Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Problem with services

1. Problem with services - Similar Threads - Problem services

2. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  3. cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reset password, i get "theres a temporary problem with the service": This has been an asked question here before, but i cannot for the life of me find a fix. I have tried different devices, browsers, cleared cookies, cache, upgraded to windows 11, etc etc etc. no matter what i do, i cannot change or reset my Microsoft account password for my...
  4. Problems with e child account/family service not working.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with e child account/family service not working.: Hi.I am having problems with an account on my sons computer.I have an administrator account, and he is logged in as a standard user. Lately, the family link has not been working, and when he is asking for more time, I can give it to him from my phone, but he doesn`t get it. I...
  5. Problems with e child account/family service not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with e child account/family service not working.: Hi.I am having problems with an account on my sons computer.I have an administrator account, and he is logged in as a standard user. Lately, the family link has not been working, and when he is asking for more time, I can give it to him from my phone, but he doesn`t get it. I...
  6. Problems with e child account/family service not working.

7. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  8. Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service

Problems with High network usage by service host : Network service: Hi, Ive been having the problem with Service Host : Network Service, in which its using far too much network, up to 16 - 20 Mbps in some instances, as can be seen in this screenshot Okay it wont let me add screenshots for some reason, but its still high usage. I have disabled...
  9. There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...: I have a primary account with Microsoft that I have been attempting to re-access for several months. The problem came about when I had to reset my password as routine, and my old recovery email had become defunct. I was locked out until last Friday, where I received the email...
  10. There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this...: I have a primary account with Microsoft that I have been attempting to re-access for several months. The problem came about when I had to reset my password as routine, and my old recovery email had become defunct. I was locked out until last Friday, where I received the email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. We ran into a problem while connecting to the Windows Update service