Windows 10: Problem with "Share"

Discus and support Problem with "Share" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A caveat, I'm 86, and slow. For years I have been able to send from my "Pictures" using "Share" pics to my daughter and grand daughter. For the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dearelliot, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Problem with "Share"

A caveat, I'm 86, and slow. For years I have been able to send from my "Pictures" using "Share" pics to my daughter and grand daughter. For the last Month or so, that no longer works.
    I do not know my Windows Version number

:)

dearelliot, Jul 25, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 25, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. dalchina Win User

Problem with "Share"

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Problem with "Share"

1. Problem with "Share" - Similar Threads - Problem Share

2. problem with quick share app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with quick share app: I am using windows edition 10 and version 22H2. i have problem with quick share, followed all steps as per the requirements. downloaded from official website android, when i installing, its show installation complete, But its not show in a windows app feed for use. its only...
  3. problem with quick share app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with quick share app: I am using windows edition 10 and version 22H2. i have problem with quick share, followed all steps as per the requirements. downloaded from official website android, when i installing, its show installation complete, But its not show in a windows app feed for use. its only...
  4. W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems: Hello,I have 2 laptops and as soon as I complete my build process I will be adding a desktop that will also be running W11 Pro on a SOHO network. One laptop is running W10 Pro and is able to see the other laptop which is W11 Pro fine. The W11 Pro laptop cannot see the W10 Pro...
  5. W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems

W11 Pro laptop - SOHO network multiple sharing problems: Hello,I have 2 laptops and as soon as I complete my build process I will be adding a desktop that will also be running W11 Pro on a SOHO network. One laptop is running W10 Pro and is able to see the other laptop which is W11 Pro fine. The W11 Pro laptop cannot see the W10 Pro...
  6. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  7. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing: Both of these computers are running Windows 10 22H2, and received the latest updates during 2023 October patch Tuesday.I have some encrypted folders I share from one computer to the other. They both use the same EFS certificate. Everything was working fine until the latest...
  8. 2023-10 patch Tuesday KB5031356 might cause problems with EFS file sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop

Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop: Hi,When on setting I choose system - Near by Sharing it appear afetr about 1 second the message "login needed" and a button saying "Sign in".The problem is when I click on sigh in a windows is open to be able to sign in, but it appears empty.Can anyboy help, because I have...
  10. Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in problem in Near by Sharing: Login needed loop: Hi,When on setting I choose system - Near by Sharing it appear afetr about 1 second the message "login needed" and a button saying "Sign in".The problem is when I click on sigh in a windows is open to be able to sign in, but it appears empty.Can anyboy help, because I have...