Windows 10: Problem with sharing after MS help

Discus and support Problem with sharing after MS help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone can help with this ? I had a issue with MS Office which Microsoft sorted for me. They promised no files or settings would be altered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Jun 11, 2021.

1. James1093 Win User

Problem with sharing after MS help

I wonder if anyone can help with this ? I had a issue with MS Office which Microsoft sorted for me. They promised no files or settings would be altered but I find later that my XP machine can no longer see or share files with Win 10. (But the other way round is still ok). The folders can be seen in XP but Explorer brings up an error. Because XP was not touched I assume the trouble is with Win10. Version 21H1 (08 Build 19043.1052) Any help sorting this much appreciated.

:)

James1093, Jun 11, 2021

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 11, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Problem with sharing after MS help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Problem with sharing after MS help

1. Problem with sharing after MS help - Similar Threads - Problem sharing help

2. Shared Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Problem: Hi. For example I have three computers in my office and all PCs are installed with Windows 10 21H2. 1 PC 1 - IP- 192.168.10.1/24- Shared Folder Drive : V:\2 PC 2 - IP - 192.168.10.2/24 - Shared Folder Drive D:\3 PC 3- IP - 192.168.10.3/24, - Shared Folder Drive E:\All PCs...
  3. Help with Network shares after March Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Network shares after March Update: My computers (laptop and desktop acting as a server with 10 hard drives, Plex, radarr, NZBGet, Blue Iris, etc.) have just updated to the newest version of Windows during this March update, and now my home networking shares are broken. I have tried everything I could find on...
  4. Problem with "Share"

Problem with "Share": A caveat, I'm 86, and slow. For years I have been able to send from my "Pictures" using "Share" pics to my daughter and grand daughter. For the last Month or so, that no longer works. I do not know my Windows Version number 161338
  5. (HELP!) Problem with LAN file sharing/transfer

(HELP!) Problem with LAN file sharing/transfer: I have two PC's running Windows 10. One of them is my main computer used for browsing, gaming w/e, and the other one is basically a storage unit where I keep all big files and folders such as a movie collection of about 1.7tb and so on and so forth. Now, both these PC's are...
  6. Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!

Frustrating Network Sharing Problem-Help would be great!: Hi guys, I've got a very annoying local network issue I can't seem to fix or find a solution for so here I am hoping you could help. I have a couple of computers on a network that can't see each other in the 'Network' portion in the 'Network' window. Each computer has...
  7. MS Paint sharing error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint sharing error: Only recently experiencing problems modifying/editing my jpeg files in paint. I get the following error message. Please help, how do I correct? Thanks......
  8. Sharing Problems

Sharing Problems: I have a PC that is supposed to have two shared drives in it. The first drive, everything went fine. I went in to sharing, shared the drive, ensured that Everyone had full rights, and it all works just great. The problem came with the second drive. At first it all worked...
  9. Network Shares not seen with MS account

Network Shares not seen with MS account: I have previously asked for help on an issue I had whereby one of my win 10 comps would not let any other comp see its shares unless the requesting comp had a local login. With a MS login you would get the error 80070035, Path not found. I have spent days (and nights!)...
  10. Build 10166 Shares still problem with NON Ms accounts

Build 10166 Shares still problem with NON Ms accounts: Hi there I can see shares between machines that are both logged on with Ms accounts, but if I have say 4 machines, 2 of which have local accounts and 2 logged on with Ms accounts - I can't access the LOCAL account shares from the machines logged on with Ms accounts and I...