Windows 10: problem with shortcut key

Discus and support problem with shortcut key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I havn't set any shortcut key for opening file explorer window shortcut key for file explorer is none in shortcut tab but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Javad Rafieefard, Apr 8, 2021.

1. problem with shortcut key

I have windows 10 and I havn't set any shortcut key for opening file explorer window shortcut key for file explorer is none in shortcut tab but when I press CTRL+F12 file explorer window open and show quick access window
    I wnat delete this shortcut key but I don't know how can do it
    please help me

:)

Javad Rafieefard, Apr 8, 2021

2. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Apr 8, 2021
  3. grecinos Win User
    Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Autumn20 Win User

problem with shortcut key

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

problem with shortcut key

1. problem with shortcut key - Similar Threads - problem shortcut key

2. key shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key shortcut: I'm wondering why pressing w+a+s at the same time cause me to use the q key, is this normal? I do not remember having this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-shortcut/c024b24d-831c-411d-b06c-4acdee2fc534
  3. key shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key shortcut: I'm wondering why pressing w+a+s at the same time cause me to use the q key, is this normal? I do not remember having this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-shortcut/c024b24d-831c-411d-b06c-4acdee2fc534
  4. Windows Key Shortcut Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Key Shortcut Problem: Everytime I use Windows Key Shortcuts , Start Menu opens. For an example when I press Windows Key + R to open Windows Run, it works but it opens start menu too. It's same at Windows Key + X, and others.How can I solve it? (Sorry because of my poor english knowledge)...
  5. Windows shortcut key problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shortcut key problem: I got a problem and it's that when I do a Windows + something command the windows shortcut key gets stuck and every key I press launches the Win + that key shortcut and restart PC it works normally again. The advanced startup functions are completely useless in this case....
  6. shortcut key

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut key: how to set a shortcut key for calcaulator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key/9d93c3c2-4cba-4a4e-83df-42495a130122
  7. Shortcut Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Keys: How do you change or disable a shortcut key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/shortcut-keys/8cfcac7e-1e8a-49f3-8213-d7c4bf83966b
  8. shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shortcut keys: Is there a list of short cut keys combination and what they do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/shortcut-keys/b5450fac-c842-42d9-b4df-2edb83237916
  9. odd windows shortcut key problem

in Windows 10 Support
    odd windows shortcut key problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 build 15063 on an X99 motherboard. Odd problem: There must be at least one application open and visible on my desktop in order for any of my user-defined shortcut keys to work. I have several shortcuts to which I've given Ctl-Alt sequences...
  10. shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut keys: I use shortcut keys to open programs in various groups. By holding down ctrl-alt and tapping the assigned program letters, I can start opening 6-8 programs in a couple seconds. Or at least I could, until Win 10, where only one program opens unless I slow down the entries....