Windows 10: "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

Discus and support "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been playing a game for the past couple weeks and today i received an error message when i tried to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CoreyB_502, Aug 19, 2020.

1. "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been playing a game for the past couple weeks and today i received an error message when i tried to open the desktop shortcut.

"The item, that has this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

I was already playing the game for an hour or so before i exited the app and tried to start it up again and then recieved this error message.

What can i do?

:)

CoreyB_502, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Shortcut problems

looots of questions: no, they worked normally and then it screwed up after a BSOD.

Shortcuts THEMSELVES work, its merely that say... right clicking, choosing new -> shortcut doesnt. thats how i make them, so its driving me nuts that it doesnt work.

I'm not really interested in other methods, i can do those - its just the new->shortcut menu problem.

i dont mean websites, i mean shortcuts to anything - i MAKE the shortcuts via this method, so its P*ssing me off that i have to do it alternative ways.

Mussels, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Shortcut problems

ok ok... yes, i finally cave in and ask for help, rather than offering it *Stick Out Tongue "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no... :p

this ones probably simple for someone in the know, but i dont know where to look.
    Simple problem - the context menu (right clicking somewhere, such as on my desktop) wont let me create shortcuts. i click it, and nothing happens at all.

All other items there work, just no shortcut wizard appears to let me enter the address/name for it.

All pre-made shortcut files work just fine, so its merely a registry setting to do with creating them.

Can anyone help out?
    (OS is vista x64 if it helps)

Mussels, Aug 19, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

"Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

Shortcut problems

just grab the address bar and drag it to desktop and it will make your shortcut

as for the problem, have you tried going into the options and resetting all defaults?

keakar, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

"Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

1. "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no... - Similar Threads - Problem shortcut shortcut

2. the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.: My programs are all shortcuts, everytime i open it, it says the item has been changed or moved. I dont know what to do. I was working on my Ae project and i decided to call it a night and close the laptop, this morning i wanted to work on it only to find this error. Can...
  3. the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.: My programs are all shortcuts, everytime i open it, it says the item has been changed or moved. I dont know what to do. I was working on my Ae project and i decided to call it a night and close the laptop, this morning i wanted to work on it only to find this error. Can...
  4. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...: Sometimes a file may need to be replaced and when a user desktop contains a shortcut pointing to that file, and if the user then attempts to use that shortcut, he may see the prompt: "The item" filename.ext "that is shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this...
  5. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...: Sometimes a file may need to be replaced and when a user desktop contains a shortcut pointing to that file, and if the user then attempts to use that shortcut, he may see the prompt: "The item" filename.ext "that is shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this...
  6. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

7. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If out of the blues when you try to open a program, it throws the error message The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, then this post is intended to help you with solutions you can try to quickly resolve the issue. This problem can occur with...
  8. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...: i recently installed winrar and whenever i try to open it, it comes up with that message. im not sure how to fix it and i have tried deleting and reinstalling winrar but it makes no difference and still comes up with the same issue, does anyone know how to fix it so i can...
  9. Shortcut Has been moved or changed

Shortcut Has been moved or changed: Whenever I download Stream Labs OBS and try to run it, it always says This shortcut has been moved or changed an will not run properly. I haven't moved or changed it at all....
  10. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...: I was working on a word document. I saved and went to reopen when I received this error message. Is there any way to retrieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-item-that-this-shortcut-refers-to-has-been/91ca19b1-21a3-47ea-a9d8-2099c4bee19f"