Windows 10: Problem with shortcut

Discus and support Problem with shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to open a video it pops a message saying as following: "Problem with shortcut. The drive or network connection that the shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kelly Siller, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Problem with shortcut

When I try to open a video it pops a message saying as following: "Problem with shortcut. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Capture_20121014.wmv - Shortcut.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again." What can I do to fix this?

:)

Kelly Siller, Jun 16, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Problem with shortcut :)

terrace, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Shortcut problems

looots of questions: no, they worked normally and then it screwed up after a BSOD.

Shortcuts THEMSELVES work, its merely that say... right clicking, choosing new -> shortcut doesnt. thats how i make them, so its driving me nuts that it doesnt work.

I'm not really interested in other methods, i can do those - its just the new->shortcut menu problem.

i dont mean websites, i mean shortcuts to anything - i MAKE the shortcuts via this method, so its P*ssing me off that i have to do it alternative ways.

Mussels, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Problem with shortcut

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Problem with shortcut

1. Problem with shortcut - Similar Threads - Problem shortcut

2. Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century: Hi,Guys, I'm facing this problem since first release of windows 10. I have three keyboard languages set, Georgian, Russian and English. Switching between them by SHIFT + ALT every time is pain in the ****!! When I set key sequence in advanced keyboard settings to switch...
  3. Problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with shortcut: I uninstalled teams because it wouldn't let me log out and switch accounts and now when I try to open my outlook mail app I get an error message saying 'The item 'chrome_proxy.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work'....
  4. problem with shortcut key

problem with shortcut key: I have windows 10 and I havn't set any shortcut key for opening file explorer window shortcut key for file explorer is none in shortcut tab but when I press CTRL+F12 file explorer window open and show quick access window I wnat delete this shortcut key but I don't know how...
  5. Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word Weird Shortcuts Problem: I recently got a new laptop. I'm quite used to the keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office. I've been having problems with these shortcuts. Let me list them down: - The Ctrl + A, Z, X and C shortcuts (those on the left of the keyboard) are not working for me. - Weird thing...
  6. Problem with desktop icon shortcuts.

Problem with desktop icon shortcuts.: Hello, since a half year ago I have been experiencing a strange behavior with desktop shortcuts. It is not a big problem, because it does not interrupt me to use my computer as always, it is just a bit disturbing when I notice it and it makes me think that my storage is...
  7. a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a very persistent problem; How can I get rid of the 3 second lag when i press a shortcut...: you can give shortcuts in the start menu a global hotkey. problem is, for some reason, they have a 3 second lag. e.g, you press the key, and it opens 3 secs later. so what i found on the internet was; disable superfetch and application framehost. i tried to disable superfetch...
  8. D:\ Drive Inaccessible Problem with Shortcut

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ Drive Inaccessible Problem with Shortcut: Shortly after installing the Opera browser, the Steam shortcut on my taskbar changed to the default icon. When I try to open Steam, a window pops up called "Problem with Shortcut". "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Steam Client Bootstrapper.lnk' refers to is...
  9. Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!

Explorer Not Showing All Desktop w/ Shortcuts Problem!: Normally on Windows 10, when I click 'Explorer' icon it shows files/folders but no shortcuts on my Desktop View! So I'm checking to see how to change this so I see my complete Desktop view of icons, just so I know what's there and not hidden in Explorer! What I found is that...
  10. "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been playing a game for the past couple weeks and today i received an error message when i tried to open the desktop shortcut. "The item, that has this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer...