Windows 10: Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

Discus and support Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here you can see 6 snap layouts but in my window, I can see only 4, this does not happen with notepad only, it happens with all the Microsoft apps. Let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ashok_Jain, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

Here you can see 6 snap layouts but in my window, I can see only 4, this does not happen with notepad only, it happens with all the Microsoft apps. Let me attach another pic of google chrome see below notepad screenshotsee the difference, So my question is how to unlock all the 6 snap layout options?

:)

Ashok_Jain, Feb 18, 2022
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Bladesman Win User
    Shortcut for maximising from snapped window

Hi all,

I've recently updated to W10, and am hoping I'm missing a shortcut for maximising snapped windows.

I'm the sort of person that likes to minimise mouse use. I'm used to snapping windows to the left or right using the shortcut "Start + Left/Right Arrow". I can still use this, and I generally like the Snap Assist functionality that now comes with it.

However, I am currently finding it quite annoying to use keyboard shortcuts to get out of this view (i.e. when you have 1 screen snapped left and 1 screen snapped right). The only shortcut I can find for maximising a screen is "Start + Up Arrow", however this will instead snap it to the top quadrant (on its respective side), and snap assist will ask you what you want to snap to the bottom quadrant. From what I can see, you then have to Esc out of this and then try "Start + Up Arrow" again.

Is there not a keyboard shortcut to maximise directly from a snapped window? It's currently taking 3 keyboard shortcuts, which is sort of a paradox.

It sounds fairly basic, but it's quite annoying when you are regularly snapping windows to left/right, and something I could do easily on W7.

For completeness, steps to reproduce:

1. Have several windows open in W10, (min. 3). Also, have snap assist turned on in settings
    2. "Start + Left Arrow" to snap active screen to left. Snap assist should appear on right
    3. Use Arrow Keys and Enter to select a window to snap to right
    Imagine working on these screens for a bit
    4. Now try to maximise a window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow" - doesn't work, screen will snap to top left/right
    5. Press Esc to exit Snap Assist
    6. Again try to maximise window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow"

If anyone could help me find a way to end the process at step 4, that would be lovely!

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Bladesman, Feb 18, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

1. Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button - Similar Threads - Problem snap Layouts

2. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  3. How to enable or disable Snap Layouts when you drag window to the top

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Snap Layouts when you drag window to the top: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Snap Layouts when you drag the window to the top in Windows 11, here is how you can do that. This feature is available in Windows 11 2022 Update Version 22H2 and later. If you have updated your computer to the latest version of Windows...
  4. Snap layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout: Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout/84eb9f9a-a1a5-403a-9516-c29373f6f2f1
  5. Snap layout

Snap layout: Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout/84eb9f9a-a1a5-403a-9516-c29373f6f2f1
  6. Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button

Problem with snap Layouts layouts that you see when you over over the maximise screen button: Here you can see 6 snap layouts but in my window, I can see only 4, this does not happen with notepad only, it happens with all the Microsoft apps. Let me attach another pic of google chrome see below notepad screenshotsee the difference, So my question is how to unlock all...
  7. Snap layout missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout missing: Only 4 snap layout options are available in windows 11 instead of 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout-missing/ff40ffeb-e856-44de-a934-4b5fdf6636af
  8. Snap layout missing

Snap layout missing: Only 4 snap layout options are available in windows 11 instead of 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-layout-missing/ff40ffeb-e856-44de-a934-4b5fdf6636af
  9. Snap Layouts query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Layouts query: The above are the snap layouts I had available when I first downloaded windows 11.The available layouts are now reduced to 4 options as shown below.Is there a way to get back all the options as the option with three vertical columns was very helpful to my workflow.Thank you!...
  10. Snap Layouts query

Snap Layouts query: The above are the snap layouts I had available when I first downloaded windows 11.The available layouts are now reduced to 4 options as shown below.Is there a way to get back all the options as the option with three vertical columns was very helpful to my workflow.Thank you!...