Windows 10: Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted

Discus and support Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have read through near 200 hits to problem search none quite match. After May 2020 update to Windows the Rectangle Mode for Snip Tool no longer works,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidWitter, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted

Have read through near 200 hits to problem search none quite match. After May 2020 update to Windows the Rectangle Mode for Snip Tool no longer works, and Free Form Mode no longer works. Window Mode works properly, and Full Screen Mode works properly. Have re-installed Windows and did not fix.

:)

DavidWitter, Jul 18, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jul 18, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Snipping Tool

Hello,

We acknowledge your query in using the Snipping Tool, but the names given to the screenshot that would be saved in the folder are by design. We suggest that you post it in the Feedback app, here's how to get to the Feedback app:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type feedback.
    • Click Windows Feedback.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted

Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Hello Jensheahan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which mail application are you using on the computer?
    • Which is the default mail application set on the computer?
    • Is any mail client installed on the computer other than Mail app?

You will be able to select the mail application to send using Snipping tool by setting a default mail application on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able to mail the snipped clip.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Windows Live Mail and select the top most search result.
    • From the dialog box select the application to set as default and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Open snipping tool, snip a clip and check if you are able to mail the clip using
      Windows Live Mail.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted

1. Problem with Snip Tool unlike others posted - Similar Threads - Problem Snip Tool

2. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  3. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  4. Screen Snipping tool offset details in post

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Snipping tool offset details in post: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/farkleboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/usf89u/screen_snipping_tool_offset_details_in_post/
  5. Snipping Tool interfering other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool interfering other programs: Anyone can help me with the above mentioned issue? Snipping tool hotkey is interfering with my other program hotkey. Tried uninstalling but it isn't working as it is integrated into windows 10. How can I maybe reassign the hotkey so it doesn't interfere or just entirely...
  6. Snipping Tool interfering other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool interfering other programs: Anyone can help me with the above mentioned issue? Snipping tool hotkey is interfering with my other program hotkey. Tried uninstalling but it isn't working as it is integrated into windows 10. How can I maybe reassign the hotkey so it doesn't interfere or just entirely...
  7. Snipping tool problem

Snipping tool problem: whether i press the screen snip on my thinkpad, id always get to snip a part of the screen nd then get a popup window with options of what to do with it, like with the older version of snipping tool. But recently and after i got a new laptop, the feature disappeared. I could...
  8. Snipping Tool Problems

Snipping Tool Problems: As of right now whenever I take a snip it saves to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip I could not find any way to change it in the app. does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/xdGladiator [link]...
  9. snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    snipping tool problem: I can not save my document after I snipped it. I see the "save as" button but when I click on to it, nothing happened. I do not see where they want be to put it. Just does nothing....
  10. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool Problems: When I try to snip a screen it goes completely black now. It used to work great but now I can't snip things that I see on the internet.? Can I just upgrade that part of the WIndows 10 program? I really miss it now...