Windows 10: Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

Discus and support Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed, when I capture something in my snipping tool & save it on my desktop, image can't be displayed until I don't refresh desktop manually with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Ditendra Win User

Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

I noticed, when I capture something in my snipping tool & save it on my desktop, image can't be displayed until I don't refresh desktop manually with F5 key. However it works fine if I save that captured image somewhere else. Seems like bug. Anyone else noticed it? How can I fix it?

:)

Ditendra, Mar 2, 2016

2. Snipping Tool

After I click on the "Snipping Tool" icon on the taskbar, the Snipping tool box appears on the screen. When moving the cursor from the taskbar onto the document, the Snipping tool box moves the the desktop.

1948Plymouth, Mar 2, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I get rid of the sign-on screen that asks for a password? I just want to be able to turn the computer on and use it - no typing in of passwords.

To take a screenshot,

Click your Start button, type snipping and hit Enter

This will open the snipping tool

Take a screenshot with the snipping tool and save it to your Desktop

Then in your next post, click the second last button to upload the screenshot into your post . . .

DaveM121, Mar 2, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Those files are always stored in your pictures folder by default. Automatically. Works fine.
    Updated: Unless you choose another folder. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    You can get a shortcut to desktop although it is still filed in photos
    Save to Desktop, then open File Explorer, in Desktop right click on to save to Desktop.

dencal, Mar 2, 2016
  6. Ditendra Win User
    I don't understand guys, what do you mean files are stored automatically on my pictures folder. I want to save them on desktop for a quick use and there's a dialog bringing up where to save captured photo which allows me to save them on desktop, however as I mentioned, desktop needs refresh to see captured photos. I didn't have such problem on Windows 7. Files were shown immediately after saving on my desktop unlike Windows 10 *Smile

Ditendra, Mar 3, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    No, that is not true.

Snipping Tool does not even have a "Save" button or menu option, both the button (diskette icon) and menu option are "Save As". However you save, selecting the button from the File menu, you can save the screenshots wherever you want to.

The Pictures folder is just the default folder shown as a suggestion when you save but the file will not be automatically saved there. Selecting any other folder, like for instance Desktop, will then become the new default suggested location; Snipping Tool remembers this and next time you save a screenshot it will be saved in this new location if no other location is selected.

Short: It is absolutely not true that Snipping Tool automatically saves in Pictures folder.

Kari, Mar 3, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Well SIR the button is SAVE AS so its not save.....ok....BUT if you hit the SAVE AS button it automatically opens up your Pictures folder, and asks for the file name.....So IT IS TRUE Sir ......SAVE AS Try it yourself!!!!
    Like you said its the default folder, and it will save the screenshot in your pictures folder, automatically OR you can choose like you said, to save else where if you want.

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    This statement implies that screenshots will automatically be saved to Pictures folder:

That is not true.

The OP has some issues in opening screenshot files saved in Desktop folder. You were telling they are not saved in Desktop folder but instead in Pictures folder. That is an invalid statement.

Kari, Mar 3, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    It IS TRUE they will be saved in your pictures folder automatically, as that is its 1st Choice!!!!

They ARE saved in the pictures folder by default.....like even YOU SAID .....so MY Statement is NOT FALSE !!!

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    The OP can save their screenshots to their Desktop, or any where the user wants too. I agree with that. I was only saying that the pictures folder is always the default choice for any screenshot.
    Take care, Mike *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    You really do not get it! Your invalid statement confused the OP to the point that he posted this:
    Your one liner with invalid information very clearly caused this, as it could only be taken as if the Pictures folder was the only location where the screenshots can be saved:
    The confusion was clear, that FALSE AND INVALID STATEMENT needed to be corrected.

13. OldMike65 Win User

Oh I get it Kari you prefer to just jump down my throat, and want to argue and belittle folks. I get THAT.
    Again.....my statement was not invalid. The pictures folder IS the default folder, unless you change it, and that's what I posted.

Have a Nice day ....Kari

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes Ditendra you can save them on your desktop, why you have to refresh, the desktop, I don't know. Sorry about any confusion on my part, it was not intended. For that I am sorry. I was not trying to confuse you at all. I do apologize if I did.

Take care, Mike.

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    I know the feeling!

Winuser, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop - Similar Threads - Problem Snipping Tool

2. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  3. Problem with snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with snipping tool: So, when I open snipping tool while my main monitor has lower dpi than second one, gray overlay becames broken. It just doesnt cover whole screen but only parts of it.Has anyone got a fix?...
  4. Snipping Tool notification problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool notification problem: Hi, so basically I read a lot of manga and I like taking screenshots of important, fun or good moments with the Snipping Tool, so what I do is I usually have to manually go click on the notification that pop up at the very right of the tasks bar and then I like to manually...
  5. Snipping Tool notification problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool notification problem: Hi, so basically I read a lot of manga and I like taking screenshots of important, fun or good moments with the Snipping Tool, so what I do is I usually have to manually go click on the notification that pop up at the very right of the tasks bar and then I like to manually...
  6. Snipping Tool notification problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool problem: whether i press the screen snip on my thinkpad, id always get to snip a part of the screen nd then get a popup window with options of what to do with it, like with the older version of snipping tool. But recently and after i got a new laptop, the feature disappeared. I could...
  8. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping Tool Problems: As of right now whenever I take a snip it saves to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip I could not find any way to change it in the app. does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/xdGladiator [link]...
  9. snipping tool problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    snipping tool problem: I can not save my document after I snipped it. I see the "save as" button but when I click on to it, nothing happened. I do not see where they want be to put it. Just does nothing....
  10. Snipping Tool Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping Tool Problems: When I try to snip a screen it goes completely black now. It used to work great but now I can't snip things that I see on the internet.? Can I just upgrade that part of the WIndows 10 program? I really miss it now...