Windows 10: Problem with software RAID

Discus and support Problem with software RAID in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have four 4TB drives I created a software RAID 5 on. When accessing the volume, specifically writing to it, my PC becomes noticeably less stable; as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DesertCookie_, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Problem with software RAID

I have four 4TB drives I created a software RAID 5 on. When accessing the volume, specifically writing to it, my PC becomes noticeably less stable; as in, a video's audio stream stopping for a few milliseconds like when playing a really high-bitrate file from a hard drive that can't quite keep up.

Could the way I have set up my drives be a problem? Three drives are connected via a PCI controller card, while the fourth drive is connected directly to the mainboard (it's difficult to explain - but it's my only option to connect the drives, other than buying a new controller card).

One more thing: I originally wanted to go with hardware RAID and bought a used 3ware RAID controller. Sadly, there seem to be no W10 drivers, resulting in the RAID volume not being recognized by Windows.

submitted by /u/DesertCookie_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DesertCookie_, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

software raid discovery

Hello,

Software RAID (redundant array of independent disks) is a form of
    RAID performed on the internal server. RAID is a data protection method that can be in the form of hardware or software, depending on where the processing occurs.

This kind of issue is more complex than what is normally posted here in the Community. We suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet Forum for further assistance.

Regards.

Maria Fab, Apr 2, 2020
  3. remove royal raid

Hello Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are not able to uninstall “Royal Raid” app on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Click on the “Start” menu.
    • Type “appwiz.cpl” into the search field and press “Enter”. The “Uninstall or change programs” window will open.
    • Click on “royal raid” in the list of programs.
    • Click on “Uninstall”.
    • Select “Yes” when asked to confirm that you want to uninstall royal raid from your computer.
    Note: Your computer will then begin uninstalling the app and may take up to several minutes.

For reference:

I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by “CB Grant”
    replied on August 1, 2015 in the following Microsoft community link given below and check if that helps.

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Problem with software RAID

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Problem with software RAID

1. Problem with software RAID - Similar Threads - Problem software RAID

2. Windows software raid 0 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows software raid 0 issue: My raid 0 is missing, when reconnecting the drives, I can see them both in the Disk Management as foreign disks, however when I click on import, I get 2 options both showing " import disk group disk 1 of 1, if I click ok I get a warning that a volume is missing, so I cancel....
  3. Windows software raid 0 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows software raid 0 issue: My raid 0 is missing, when reconnecting the drives, I can see them both in the Disk Management as foreign disks, however when I click on import, I get 2 options both showing " import disk group disk 1 of 1, if I click ok I get a warning that a volume is missing, so I cancel....
  4. Raid Card Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid Card Driver Problems: I just had my gaming computer fail, and I transferred all six of it's hard drives into an older backup machine, using a SATA expansion card to give me enough slots. However, now every HDD plugged into the SATA expansion card shows up as a USB drive. When I attempt to open...
  5. Windows needs RAID (software) file systems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows needs RAID (software) file systems: Hi folks I'm on a Linux system copying approx 90 GB Windows 10 Virtual machine to a RAID 0 HDD (not SSD) array --software RAID using mdadm. Average speed is around 340 Mib/s -- total time around 3.5 mins Can't get anything like those sorts of speeds on identical hardware...
  6. Raid 1 problems

Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  7. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  8. Does Reinstalling Windows Affect Software RAID

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Reinstalling Windows Affect Software RAID: Hello, I have an SSD in my computer as well as a RAID 5 array that was set up in Windows. I booted from another SSD with Windows on it and somehow screwed up the boot files on the main SSD. I think the best thing to do would be reinstalling Windows on the corrupted bootable...
  9. Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !: I can't Add Mirror to Disk 1 (from Disk 2)! [img] Windows 10 popup the following message. [img] What should I do . I don't want to buy a new HDD. My OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 x64 Thanks in advance 83276
  10. Software Vs Hardware RAID

Software Vs Hardware RAID: Hi there Unless you NEED more HDD ports it really is NOT worth buying any consumer grade RAID controller card - these days they are far slower than by doing it with software - Windows Storage spaces is extremely good (and you can use different size HDD's for striping /...