Windows 10: Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc

Discus and support Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For like 1 week I'm having a problem with some Windows Applications, they won't open even if I cliked them a lot of times. I opened de Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KRISTEL MARIA QUIROS, May 17, 2021.

1. Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc

For like 1 week I'm having a problem with some Windows Applications, they won't open even if I cliked them a lot of times. I opened de Microsoft Store and it said it was a problem with the camera app, I did the reinstallation and I still have this problem. I also tried with the sfc /scannow command and didn't work. I tried with some commands I saw on Youtube in the Windows Powershell but I have some strange errors...please help me, I'm getting really stressed

:)

KRISTEL MARIA QUIROS, May 17, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, May 17, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Missing application (Calculator).

Hi Lourdes,

Based on the details provided, there are a lot of possible factors for an application to be missing. To isolate
    the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• When looking for calculator using Cortana, what are the search results?

• Have you tried resetting your Windows Store components and check if it can recover the missing application(s)?

• Have you tried running SFC and DISM.exe?

• Aside from installing it again, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 17, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc

The Windows Accessories Calculator (Windows 10) not working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to access Calculator on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say, “Windows Accessories Calculator” are you referring to the Windows calculator application that comes preinstalled in Windows 10?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

If you are referring to the Windows Calculator application, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Reset Calculator

You may want to try resetting the Calculator application and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Advanced options.
    4. Click on Reset, and wait for the process to complete.
    5. Now, try launching Calculator and check.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall

If resetting the app doesn’t help, you may want to try uninstalling it and then reinstall from Microsoft Store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Once the app is uninstalled, visit:
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5?activetab=pivotProblem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc :eek:verviewtab
      and install Calculator.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc

1. Problem with some Windows applications Such as camera, calculator, etc - Similar Threads - Problem applications Such

2. All native apps Photos, Camera, Calculator etc., on Windows 10 Education 22H2 version are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All native apps Photos, Camera, Calculator etc., on Windows 10 Education 22H2 version are...: Whenever I click on the app icons Photos, Calculator, it blinks and goes away. I don't get any error message. The issue gets fixed when I restart the PC, but happens again in next few hours. When trying to open saved photos, I get attached error Microsoft Photos app is set as...
  3. All native apps Photos, Camera, Calculator etc., on Windows 10 Education 22H2 version are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All native apps Photos, Camera, Calculator etc., on Windows 10 Education 22H2 version are...: Whenever I click on the app icons Photos, Calculator, it blinks and goes away. I don't get any error message. The issue gets fixed when I restart the PC, but happens again in next few hours. When trying to open saved photos, I get attached error Microsoft Photos app is set as...
  4. Some Application Display Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Application Display Problem: Starting in October, some application appear this problem.E.g: Visual Studio Installer, Wacom Desktop Center, and my office software kanzi studio.And the problem still exists when I reinstall windows 11.My friend’s computer also had this problem almost at the same time. Her...
  5. Some Application Display Problem

Some Application Display Problem: Starting in October, some application appear this problem.E.g: Visual Studio Installer, Wacom Desktop Center, and my office software kanzi studio.And the problem still exists when I reinstall windows 11.My friend’s computer also had this problem almost at the same time. Her...
  6. Thumbnail not working for applications, like Groove music, Calculator, etc.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Thumbnail not working for applications, like Groove music, Calculator, etc.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Icons for software like Calculator, Groove Music is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-not-working-for-applications-like-groove/7787abd1-4d01-4591-83ec-d65a465dba45
  7. Calculator applications doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator applications doesn't work...: Why does calculator,calander ..doesn't open in windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-applications-doesnt-work/e593400e-5277-4c4c-8593-e246d74e3592
  8. Windows 10 auto minimising some apps eg Calculator, Settings; Help app; etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto minimising some apps eg Calculator, Settings; Help app; etc: As an example, I open Calculator and start using it and it randomly minimises. Might be immediately; after a few seconds; when being used; when not being used. Very inconsistent. Very very frustrating! Any ideas please?...
  9. CALCULATOR APPLICATION CRASING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CALCULATOR APPLICATION CRASING: WHILE OPENING THE CALCULATOR APPLICATION, IT CLOSED IMMIDIATELY, WHILE I SHOWING IN THE EVENTVIEWER FOLLOWING ERROR DISPLAYED. Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version: 10.1910.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dc9c5e0 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version:...
  10. WindowsApps, Store, Calculator, Camera etc have stopped working

WindowsApps, Store, Calculator, Camera etc have stopped working: Hi, I don't mean to intrude on someone else's Post but I have the same problem. This is real bull. When will Microsoft fix the WindowsApps problem? I delayed the upgrade from Win 8.1 until the last minute so that the bugs could be fixed. I have the problem that many...