Windows 10: problem with sound settings not opening

Discus and support problem with sound settings not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i try to open sound settings and then command prompt opens then closes i already scanned for virus which found 17 virus , i used Malwarebytes , i also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolf warrior795, Sep 11, 2020.

1. problem with sound settings not opening

wolf warrior795, Sep 11, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue problem with sound settings not opening :p

cadaveca, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Sep 11, 2020
  4. problem with sound settings not opening

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

problem with sound settings not opening

1. problem with sound settings not opening - Similar Threads - problem sound settings

2. windows 10, sound settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10, sound settings problem: I think the image is descriptive enough. it's not showing any input or output devices.But here, I can see all the sound devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-settings-problem/57991ba4-0507-4097-b469-2bcac2ba473e
  3. Cannot open sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings: I recently had to factory reset my computer, but ever since i reinstalled windows I can no longer open the settings from the taskbar. This is important because I have a goxlr and I no longer access the 'app volume and devices preferences', so I can't assign different apps to...
  4. No sound unless Sound Settings is open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound unless Sound Settings is open?: Hello, So I have had this problem for like 4 months and now I finally want to fix it. Basically, when windows 10 boots up, my sound works perfect but as soon as a video game, zoom or discord opens up, my sound stops working unless I have the Sound Settings in System...
  5. No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.: I don't get any sound from my PC unless I open sound settings. I don't know what's going on and it's very frustrating. I would open a game and not sound so I open sound setting and low and behold the sound output device is correct and the sound comes on. I thought okay weird...
  6. sound settings problem

sound settings problem: Whenever I go on conference call people don't hear me quite loud and clear. Even I tried with headphone that does the same. Am I missing something? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings-problem/5dbee5fe-bd5e-44ed-965e-45ade11d4645
  7. Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar

Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar: I have a problem with my windows 10. I Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from the taskbar. when I want to open them a black page appears and closes instantly....
  8. Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings: Here is my problem, i cannot open the network and internet settings at the tray but it directs to a command prompt pop up and i dont know why. And i just found out as well in opening sound settings at tray the same issue on popping cmd. I tried to create a new user and this...
  9. Problem with sound settings

Problem with sound settings: [ATTACH] hello! im having an issue where this: The sound settings i want doesn't show up when you press the sound settings on the desktop, so i have to go to control panel<sound settings which is annoying if you need to be quick. cheers in advance! submitted by...
  10. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...