Windows 10: Problem with start-up apps

Discus and support Problem with start-up apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently and for seemingly no reason many of my apps have not been launching on startup and have disappeared from the startup page in task manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nix958, Feb 13, 2021.

1. /u/Nix958 Win User

Problem with start-up apps

Recently and for seemingly no reason many of my apps have not been launching on startup and have disappeared from the startup page in task manager. Some of these include discord, steam and ghub. A few apps are still there but many are not. Does anyone know why this would be and how to fix it? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Nix958
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nix958, Feb 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 13, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with start-up apps - Similar Threads - Problem start apps

2. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  3. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  4. Start up Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up Problems: I am stuck on the startup problems And I was wondering if I use a usb flash drive to reboot Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/015a8634-7a33-4456-94c0-31f69a1fe551
  5. Start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up problem: Hi,Recently I build a new pc it is about 4-5 months old. I have encountered an issue when booting. I was just surfing internet with my photoshop opened and my antivirus was updating i got a blue screen telling your pc ran into a problem and then this happens. The issue is in...
  6. Start up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up problems: Hi I am trying to start my toshiba satellite windows 10 laptop but it only flashed Automatic Repair once and went blank with flashing cursor. Only shows "A disk read error occurred". How can I fix this please help!...
  7. start up problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problems: I have white boxes with red tops popping up during start up. They last a while and I can't do anything until they stop. What are they and how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/03de9fbe-c964-4760-b7d8-b60768f2b69f
  8. start up problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problem: when I start my pc, I get a blue graphics box gets big or small however I move my cursor. when I click this away, I get a white task box. when I click this away, and try to use my computer open a browser, example, pc wont respond until I control+alt+delete sign out. then...
  9. start up problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up problem: hello windows i have a problem that after starting the windows every time a pop up notification is coming written as WINDOWS DEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FOUND THREADS... So i scanned my device and there was no viruses.. i also runned advanced scan but nothing found . I need...
  10. Problems with Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Start Up: I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen. Is there any way of...