Windows 10: Problem with start up for one application

Discus and support Problem with start up for one application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, so i had an issue with an application logitech ghub a few days ago. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software to see if it would fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adlsr, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Adlsr Win User

Problem with start up for one application

Hi everyone, so i had an issue with an application logitech ghub a few days ago. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software to see if it would fix the problem it hasn't, but it's not important. What happen is that the uninstallation/reinstallation process created another issue :

logitech ghub won't launch at start up despites that everyhting is ok :

• "always start after logging in" is checked in the software
    • In the start up tab of the task manager, i can see the entry, and it is activated

I tried contacting the support but they told me they havn't been able to replicate this issue, they told me to do some basic actions, but so far, they can't fix the issue.

I tried to do a clean installation of the software but still doesn't launch at startup.

So i'm beginning to think maybe it's a windows issue.

I searched in the registry, and i found the string value that is responsible for the software to start at pc launch, here is the native location :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In a last attempt, i deleted it, went to the sofware, unchecked/checked the box, string value has been recreated, rebooted => still not launching

I looked on this forum and i found a post about the same issue but not with the same application, the guy fixed the issue by creating the string value in another registry path, here is what i did :

• opened regedit

• navigated to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

• Created a string value for "LGHUB" with the path being :"C:\Program Files\LGHUB\lghub.exe" --background

• rebooted

• Ghub is now launching at startup !

But now, i have 2 entries for the same software in the startup tab of the task manager.

I thought, maybe it was just what it needed to work fine, so i deleted the string i created, rebooted, issue came back.

So considering that we have now 2 registry path where we can put the string value :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER => the native one

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => where i create the string value myself

i tried another trick :

• Leave "always start after logging in" checked in the software
    • Deleted the string value created by the software in HKEY_CURRENT_USER when checking the box
    • Created the string value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • rebooted

It is working, BUT everytime the software launch, it is re-creating the string in HKEY_CURRENT_USER because it detect that the box is checked !

I always end up with 2 entries for the same software in the startup tab of the task manager.

So my question is :

What could be "blocking" the launch of the software using it's native string value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER that isn't blocking it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ?

If anyone can help !

Thank you !

:)

Adlsr, Apr 21, 2021

2. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 21, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Anna Bol Win User

KB3197954 causing application start error 0xc22

To further help you with your issue,
    follow the troubleshooting
    methods below:

Method 1: Clean boot the system

To check if there isn't any 3rd party software conflict, i.e., if any 3rd party application or startup item is causing
    the issue, you may try to clean boot the system and check for the issue. To perform a clean boot, refer to this

link

Note:
    Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 2: SFC scan

We also suggest you to scan your system with the System file checker to resolve any corruption with the program
    files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Start, click
      All Programs
      and open
      Accessories.

• Right-click on
      Command Prompt
      in the Program list and then select
      Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for
      confirmation, type your password, or click OK.

• In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For further reference, refer to this

link

Method 3:

We also suggest you to check if there is any application called "CA
    Internet Suite" installed in your system. If you find such an application, follow these steps to uninstall the application:

• Open
      Programs and Features
      by clicking the
      Start
      button, click
      Control Panel, go to
      Programsand then click
      Programs and Features.

• Select the program, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation,
      type the password or provide confirmation.

Let
    us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with start up for one application - Similar Threads - Problem start application

2. Start up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up problems: Sometimes when I Start my pc up. I have to login into everything again for example discord and configurate everything inside those applications. For example I have to connect all my gamingplatforms in razer cortex again....
  3. Start up Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up Problems: I am stuck on the startup problems And I was wondering if I use a usb flash drive to reboot Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/015a8634-7a33-4456-94c0-31f69a1fe551
  4. This application could not be started problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application could not be started problem.: Hello, I have been getting Smother.exe This application could not be started message since I got the new Update on my Laptop for .net framework 3.5 and 4.8. I Have tried clicking yes and then it takes me to the following site and I followed the instructions, however it did...
  5. This application could not be started problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This application could not be started problem.: Hello, I have been getting Smother.exe This application could not be started message since I got the new Update on my Laptop for .net framework 3.5 and 4.8. I Have tried clicking yes and then it takes me to the following site and I followed the instructions, however it did...
  6. start up applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  7. start up applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up applications: I am unable to open the startup apps settings it's getting stuck while opening it in settings i don't know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-applications/fd2356ff-8086-4a9a-9d52-9cb594c6855e
  8. start up problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up problems: I have white boxes with red tops popping up during start up. They last a while and I can't do anything until they stop. What are they and how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-problems/03de9fbe-c964-4760-b7d8-b60768f2b69f
  9. Disabling start up applications

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling start up applications: My new Windows 10 Pro is now set up and running well. Just one thing I really need to take care of now are the seemingly excessive number of programs that load up, slowing boot time. Things like Acronis (for back ups), Samsung Magician, MSI fast boot software, Ccleaner, Adobe...
  10. Problems with Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Start Up: I stopped using the desktop in Win8.1 (apart from those apps that still open it to start) With Win10 , the desktop appears automatically on start up and also if you close an app. This always needs an extra keystroke to get back to the start screen. Is there any way of...