Windows 10: Problem with starting up my computer

Discus and support Problem with starting up my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When turning on the laptop, the loading takes a long time to load, and when it finally loads, a BSOD appears that says ‘unmountable boot volume.’ The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Franfish McGee, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Problem with starting up my computer

When turning on the laptop, the loading takes a long time to load, and when it finally loads, a BSOD appears that says ‘unmountable boot volume.’ The computer then goes into automatic repair and freezes on a black screen. I can’t log on in any way. I’m using a ‘HP Notebook - 15-bw027au’. Can anyone help?

:)

Franfish McGee, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Sep 15, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with starting up my computer

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Problem with starting up my computer

1. Problem with starting up my computer - Similar Threads - Problem starting computer

2. computer start up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  3. computer start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  4. My computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  5. My computer won’t start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t start up: I installed a restore point onto my computer. That installed fine however it then had to restart. I waited almost 14 hours for the computer to restart and ended up having to turn it off from the power button. The computer now doesn’t load onto windows when turned on and...
  6. Can't start up my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't start up my computer: Last night my computer wasn't running properly so I did what anyone would do and pushed restart but that has now led to it only allowing me to go to the opening lock screen and no further. Once that point has been reached my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional and the...
  7. My computer will not start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not start up.: When I start my computer, it goes to; Automatic Repair mode, Then , Diagnosing your PC, Then, Automatic repair, Your PC did not start correctly. I then am given options to; Restart, or, Advanced options. Neither one does anything. Any ideas????...
  8. My computer won't start up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer won't start up.: Help. I'm going nuts. I can usually figure things out but I'm stuck. It's a Dell Latitude E6400. It wasn't plugged in so I got a message on screen saying I was low on power and I plugged it back in but it still said lock or hibernate or both...it happened so fast. Hours later...
  9. My computer will not start up Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer will not start up Windows: When I start up my computer, it starts up as ussual, except it writes a messeage, which I dont know what means. But when it should go to the lockscreen, it just goes black, and stays like that. Is it something I can fix myself? submitted by /u/Sovs_By_Max [link]...
  10. My computer wont start up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer wont start up!: Hello! So I have had a computer for about over 5 years and I have messed it really good. I had some viruses which then lead to some internet problems and I had to disconnect it from the internet. I am trying to fix it but I keep getting in this loop where i cant boot it up...