Windows 10: Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a quadriplegic and use sticky keys all the time it's one of the best things Microsoft ever did for someone in my condition! I just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbassman, Nov 23, 2015.

1. dbassman Win User

Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

I'm a quadriplegic and use sticky keys all the time it's one of the best things Microsoft ever did for someone in my condition! I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now in most cases I have to hit the key I want held down twice instead of just once.

Here's a couple examples:
    #1. To minimize a window I used to be able to hit the Windows key once + down arrow, now I have to hit the Windows key twice + down arrow and then hit the Windows key once more.
    #2. To highlight the cursor to the end of a line, I could hit shift once + the End key, now I have to hit shift twice + End and then hit shift once more.

I know hitting a sticky key twice holds it down until you hit it once more, and heading at once holds it down for one keystroke, which is what I'm trying to do, but ever since upgrading to Windows 10 is not working.

Does anyone here know of any way to put it back so I can just hit it once?

:)

dbassman, Nov 23, 2015

2. Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggested you to download and install the latest keyboard drivers from the computer manufacturer's website and check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 23, 2015
  3. dbassman Win User

Thanks for your reply Jenith, when I followed your first suggestion "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" was already unchecked.

In regards to the second suggestion to download Windows 10 drivers, you did not specify which drivers I should download. I have a custom-built desktop PC that a friend help me build it. All of my drivers in device manager look good.

The sticky keys still work, just not the way they were intended to (and the way I get used to using them since Windows XP).

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

dbassman, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Sticky Keys

2. Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!: Hi there!Many users are still waiting for a way to disable this useless feature that does more harm than good.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9?page=30This is a request from...
  3. Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky corners in Windows 10 is still a problem since 2015. Please fix!: Hi there!Many users are still waiting for a way to disable this useless feature that does more harm than good.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9?page=30This is a request from...
  4. sticky keys?

sticky keys?: how do I turn off sticky keys please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys/a1b26d8a-836d-4cfd-852d-54af032b963f
  5. Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys: I spilled apple juice on my laptop, and it went underneath the spacebar, so now when I press it, it is sticky. What do I do? Where do I bring my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys/2520ec5f-09dc-4e4a-8a7a-ea63b12d518d
  6. sticky key

sticky key: hello when i turn on sticky keys it turns off why and whats the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-key/5bbe7aa9-6874-438a-856d-2d4a7afad5fa
  7. STICKY KEY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STICKY KEY: PRESENTLY, I AM HAVING WINDOWS 10 21H1 VERSION. HERE STICKY IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY WHILE COPYING A SPECIFIC WORD, DATA, OR SELECT ALL . I WANT TO TRY WINDOWS 11 WHETHER THERE IS ANY IMPROVEMENT AS CLAIMED BY MICROSOFTMY LAPTOP DELL INSPIRON 5570 8TH GENERATION , 8GB RAM ,...
  8. Sticky keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky keys?: Hi there, i have recently started having issues with my pc, first it'll start by adding dashes every so often in my sentences. So for example: i n-eed- help---------------ple-ase then some of the time my keys will stop working, so if i try to click w then it won't go and...
  9. Having some problems since upgrading to 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some problems since upgrading to 10...: I use my TV as a monitor. Resolution was way off since before I upgraded to 10, but circumvented it by scaling the text extra large. Now since upgrading, everything is too big. Text is blurry, icons too big, task bar goes below where I can see. I went to display settings...
  10. Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288: Sticky Keys works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The way it works is: You hit the Shift Key 5 times. A prompt comes up that asks you if want Sticky Keys or not. You click yes. Sticky Keys now how has kicked in. If you hit a Sticky Key (Ctl, Shift, Alt or Win key) a beep...