Windows 10: Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a quadriplegic and use sticky keys all the time it's one of the best things Microsoft ever did for someone in my condition! I just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbassman, Nov 23, 2015.

1. dbassman Win User

Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

I'm a quadriplegic and use sticky keys all the time it's one of the best things Microsoft ever did for someone in my condition! I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now in most cases I have to hit the key I want held down twice instead of just once.

Here's a couple examples:
    #1. To minimize a window I used to be able to hit the Windows key once + down arrow, now I have to hit the Windows key twice + down arrow and then hit the Windows key once more.
    #2. To highlight the cursor to the end of a line, I could hit shift once + the End key, now I have to hit shift twice + End and then hit shift once more.

I know hitting a sticky key twice holds it down until you hit it once more, and heading at once holds it down for one keystroke, which is what I'm trying to do, but ever since upgrading to Windows 10 is not working.

Does anyone here know of any way to put it back so I can just hit it once?

:)

dbassman, Nov 23, 2015

2. Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggested you to download and install the latest keyboard drivers from the computer manufacturer's website and check.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 23, 2015
  3. dbassman Win User

Thanks for your reply Jenith, when I followed your first suggestion "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" was already unchecked.

In regards to the second suggestion to download Windows 10 drivers, you did not specify which drivers I should download. I have a custom-built desktop PC that a friend help me build it. All of my drivers in device manager look good.

The sticky keys still work, just not the way they were intended to (and the way I get used to using them since Windows XP).

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

dbassman, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with Sticky Keys since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Sticky Keys

2. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...
  3. I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two problems since the last upgrade in Windows 10.: Two problems 1. I use cut and paste a lot and though this works with the paste element, it does not cut. 2. This one is more irritating, I use Windows Photos as my default viewer and a picture will open but will no longer move to the other images in my folder, the arrow...
  4. Sticky Notes Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Problem: The Sticky Notes app is being very frustrating. I can open up the main menu of the sticky notes app (seen in the picture), but the individual notes will not open up - meaning I can't view the whole notes and I can't edit them. Even when right clicking and clicking 'open...
  5. Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288: Sticky Keys works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The way it works is: You hit the Shift Key 5 times. A prompt comes up that asks you if want Sticky Keys or not. You click yes. Sticky Keys now how has kicked in. If you hit a Sticky Key (Ctl, Shift, Alt or Win key) a beep...
  6. Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.: Hi, Since installing Windows 10 I've been having difficulty with my Geforce GTX 660 and GT 610 cards working together; I have them hooked up to two separate monitors with the 660 being the primary (obviously). When my computer sorted itself out for the first time (after Win...
  7. Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys": Anyone know how to clean "Sticky" keys on Gaming Keyboards. Ill explain i am left handed so i use the right ctrl key on my Logitech G510s a lot because its right next to the Direction keys so i can hit it with my index finger "or whats it called" The problem is i use that...
  8. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary: After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update, however once completed, and it restarted to the 1607 update, my usb adapter went...
  9. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...
  10. Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Keys: If you push the shift key 5 times a prompt comes up asking if want Sticky Keys or not. If you select yes then the next time you hit the Shift, Control, Alt or Window key, a beep sounds and the next key you hit will be effected by the Sticky Key. This very handy if you can...