Windows 10: Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem

Discus and support Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My attempt at dual booting Windows 11 and Linux was unsuccessful. Initially, Windows 11 refused to boot up, and even after finally getting Linux to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZaidBaida, Mar 29, 2023.

1. ZaidBaida Win User

Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem

My attempt at dual booting Windows 11 and Linux was unsuccessful. Initially, Windows 11 refused to boot up, and even after finally getting Linux to work, The Linux OS demanded a specific storage capacity, which I fulfilled by installing the OS on 250GB. When I tried testing Windows 11 again, I managed to get into the system, but I realized that my storage capacity had decreased from 1TB to 714GB. After deciding to uninstall the Linux OS, I noticed that the storage capacity remained the same.

:)

ZaidBaida, Mar 29, 2023
  2. 20mmrain Win User

dual hd5770 problems

Sorry to double post but here is what I would do step for step....

First uninstall the 10.11 Drivers and clean it out.

Then reinstall the drivers 10.11 (Or another of your choosing.) Because I assume you didn't change the drivers when you switched the cards.

Then I would "EnableULPS" In the registry. Change the 1 to a 0

Then I would "EnableOfficalATIOverclocking" in MSI AB CFG. File.

Once that is done give it a try. See what happens I have a feeling this might fix all of your problems if you do it in that order.

If it doesn't then I would flash the BIOS unless someone else has a suggestion.

If you need more of a guide on how to do this I can help you. Just let me know.

20mmrain, Mar 29, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 29, 2023
  4. dmccoy Win User

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem - Similar Threads - Problem storagewindows dual

2. Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with storagewindows 11 dual botting problem: My attempt at dual booting Windows 11 and Linux was unsuccessful. Initially, Windows 11 refused to boot up, and even after finally getting Linux to work, The Linux OS demanded a specific storage capacity, which I fulfilled by installing the OS on 250GB. When I tried testing...
  3. Dual monitors problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitors problem: Hello,I have purchased 2nd monitor for my laptop, running windows 11 pro.When I try to set different wallpaper according to every guide online, it doesn't allow me.Like I am going to Setting -> Personalization -> Background and when I right click on the picture that I want it...
  4. Dual Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Problem: HiI recently installed windows 10 on a second hard disk. And now my old hard disk with windows 8 won't boot... I tried a bit with bcdboot but didn't manage. How can I get it to work?...
  5. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  6. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  7. Problems with Windows 10 bot home and pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Windows 10 bot home and pro: Three time I have been told my pin or password was wrong, and so I was prevented from booting up windows. In each case the pin or password was correct. There was nothing I could do, so had to start a new installation. I have had my activation code rejected when it was valid...
  8. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  9. Dual Booting Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Booting Problem: In my computer I have 2 SSD. 1 is for my personal use. 1 is for work use. The work use one was cloned from my wife's work PC. I would like to be able to choose from either drive upon startup. However, upon installing the work SSD, it appears that it's drive letter is set to...
  10. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...