Windows 10: Problem with switching languages

Discus and support Problem with switching languages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last Windows update in December, I cannot switch the languages on the keyboard. This issue occurs each time after the update. But the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatieGordoni, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Problem with switching languages

After the last Windows update in December, I cannot switch the languages on the keyboard. This issue occurs each time after the update. But the last update is getting me mad because I cannot switch languages at all!

:)

KatieGordoni, Jan 7, 2019
  2. avi12641 Win User

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to switch languages after update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the features are not working properly. Please reply to the following questions to help you further.

• How many languages are installed on the computer currently?
    • What happens when you try to switch between the languages?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

I suggest you to remove the other languages installed on the computer except English, and install the languages again. Please follow the steps mentioned to remove the languages:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & language.
    4. Under Windows display language, select
      English from the dropdown list.
    5. Now, under preferred languages make sure that
      English
      language is at the top. If you don’t see English language on top click on the English language and click on the up arrow to move the language at top.
    6. Now, remove the other languages installed on the computer.

You can refer the section Add an input language from the article
    Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10
    to add an input language.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Problem with switching languages

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Problem with switching languages

1. Problem with switching languages - Similar Threads - Problem switching languages

2. Problem with switching displaying languages in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with switching displaying languages in Windows 11: I've got a PC that came with Windows 11 Home which only supports Chinese, after upgrading to Pro by purchasing in the store and switching the displaying language from Chinese to English, I found out not all texts were converted into English, rebooting and switching them back...
  3. Problem with switching displaying languages in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with switching displaying languages in Windows 11: I've got a PC that came with Windows 11 Home which only supports Chinese, after upgrading to Pro by purchasing in the store and switching the displaying language from Chinese to English, I found out not all texts were converted into English, rebooting and switching them back...
  4. Problem with language imput switching - it works.. sometimes

Problem with language imput switching - it works.. sometimes: Hello,I have a strange problem that started today - the switching of the imput languages doens't work properly. Sometimes it switches, sometimes i have to press it many times to switch, usually the 2nd version. I have 2 imput languages - English and Bulgarian. I tried...
  5. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  6. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  7. Switch Languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch Languages: Hi all, In my Windows settings, have 2 languages installed. But 4 languages are shown, don't know why. In the Registry HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload have also 4 languages. Deleting the two wrong languages there, does not help. Thanks for any advice. Cheers...
  8. Language switching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language switching: Hi, I'm using Windows since version 3.0. Now with the ending of Windows 7 support I'll be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and here comes the problem. Since at least Windows 3.11 switching languages in Windows was working almost flawlessly. Now, with Windows 10 this is...
  9. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu: Hello, So I've upgraded to the 1903 win 10 version and I've had an encounter with one of the new features - the menu that lets you switch between keyboard languages when you hold Alt + LShift. The main problem is that this menu pops up in games and it is really annoying....
  10. switch language

switch language: i 've changed the language to russian by mistake _ setting >>region and time >>language >> add language _ so all the system language switched to russian i tried to switch back to english but nothing happened tried to add language_any english version_ but nothing added...