Windows 10: Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

Discus and support Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KarlMcDERMOTT, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed old email address and old Microsoft account. Following earlier advice I have created a local account and when I try to log in with my new email / Microsoft account I get all the way through before it tells me that another user on this device already uses that account. Getting just a tad frustrated with Microsoft today

[Original Title: Windows 10 account]

:)

KarlMcDERMOTT, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

1. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Problem Switching Microsoft

2. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account attached to a new email for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how...
  3. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account attached to a new email for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how...
  4. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the new one and...
  6. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the new one and...
  7. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  9. Problems Switching Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...
  10. Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Switch to a Microsoft Account from a Local Account in Windows 10 You can sign in to Windows 10 with a local account or a Microsoft account (MSA). However, you can easily switch between using a local account or a...