Windows 10: Problem with symbol size in various software

Discus and support Problem with symbol size in various software in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using VLC some text/symbols are very small, much smaller than the others, and smaller than the current settings. I've high lighted some areas that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rasmus111, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Rasmus111 Win User

Problem with symbol size in various software

When using VLC some text/symbols are very small, much smaller than the others, and smaller than the current settings. I've high lighted some areas that are affected by this problem and some that are not.

Problem is also when checking picture thumbnails, even after choosing the largest options, pictures will not get larger than they are on the attached picture.

Feels as I have checked all windows settings there are, I'm stuck!

Problem with symbol size in various software 3e72eb86-d975-4c00-ad12-7ff0236d3983?upload=true.jpg Problem with symbol size in various software 8fb20aa2-2c63-4118-9ed0-dc968cf6495d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rasmus111, Dec 13, 2019

2. Icons size problem on other software

Hi Jose,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

• Is the issue confined to any particular program?
    Initially, I suggest you to Press and hold the ctrl key and press the plus “+” key and check if it helps.

If the issue persist, let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter ms-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • Click on System, click Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 13, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 13, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with symbol size in various software - Similar Threads - Problem symbol size

2. Symbol ":" problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Symbol ":" problem: Hello When I changed font ":" that symbol changed Tried another font , the same problem [ATTACH] Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/symbol-problem/c671ab6a-7961-488b-9f28-c7334056d2d2
  3. "=" symbol over various numbers or words on names and dates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "=" symbol over various numbers or words on names and dates: I had recently Windows crashing. I couldn't do anything and after that I had torestart my laptop to discover that on various system details there was the = symbol over them. I am attaching a picture to understand what I mean. Has anyone seen something like this? Can anyone...
  4. Problem with a missing symbols

Problem with a missing symbols: [ATTACH] How can I restore those symbols? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-a-missing-symbols/137a33e1-32e5-4878-bc70-eb0219ee280c
  5. Various Problems with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Problems with Windows 10: I've been incurring a number of issues with windows 10 lately: Time to boot > 10 minutes Wifi service not starting Netlogon not starting Firewall not starting Cannot type into searchbar or security key for network I've run gpupdate / force and sfc /scannow and get no...
  6. problem of compressed disk size symbol

problem of compressed disk size symbol: how to solve problem of a pc i.e desktop folders are appearing with two arrows and also appearing for newly created folders and files. plese provide permant soluton...
  7. Google chrome various problems

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome various problems: I have a few problems with my browser.. 1) chrome keeps asking to save my credit card information, how do i disable this? 2) how do i delete credit card information that has already been saved? 3) is it possible to delete the login button in the rop right corner? 4)...
  8. Windows 10 Various Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Various Problems: Hello All, I know this has probably been asked a few times but just need some clarification if I could, I have the below problems in list form (I'm by no means a computer whiz but can follow steps :-)) - EVERYTIME Win10 Boots it takes about 15 minutes from start to my...
  9. Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software: Running Windows 10 on a desktop. Replicated with different keyboards. All of this happened yesterday 1. Shift key in Firefox causes LEAVE PAGE. But no effect in OpenOffice 2. Typing an entry into File Explorer tries to autocomplete but flashes the title and won't allow...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...