Windows 10: Problem with System Performance

Discus and support Problem with System Performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KhaledSakouhi, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Problem with System Performance

Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening google chrome take 10 min because Windows doing something, let me just beeee omg

[Original Title: LEAVE MY PC ALONE]

:)

KhaledSakouhi, Feb 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 1, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Problem with System Performance

System Performance

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Happy New Year!

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. What is the free space available on the C drive?

System performance is typically the result of either a software problem, a full hard drive, or a faulty hardware.

The best way to diagnose the cause for a slow-performing computer is to work through a list of possible steps until you navigate and dig down deeper to notice a change. Keep in mind that computers will always slow down as they age, meaning that a 5-
    or 6-year-old computer won't usually run as fast as it used to.

Method A: Suggest you to put the PC in a clean boot state and check if that helps with this issue. A “clean
    boot
    ” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Method B: Suggest you to follow the steps from this article one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

Note: Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates that were installed after the restore point was created.

When you reset your PC, you can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or remove them, then have Windows reinstalled. Back up the data on the hard drive before deciding on reset.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Problem with System Performance

1. Problem with System Performance - Similar Threads - Problem System Performance

2. Slow system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow system performance: I've noticed a deterioration in my system's performance recently. It's difficult to explain what makes me think that but 2 things that keep happening: 1 Often when I start a new session of File Explorer and point to system Documents folder, it takes a long time to open. The...
  3. Performance problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance problem: I have an issue which is very long. I bought this computer about 4 to 5 years ago. It was working fine and after 2 years I learned about a game called "Minecraft". I saw that it is very interesting so I started playing it. Everything was working fine but one day it suddenly...
  4. Performance problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance problem: I have an issue which is very long. I bought this computer about 4 to 5 years ago. It was working fine and after 2 years I learned about a game called "Minecraft". I saw that it is very interesting so I started playing it. Everything was working fine but one day it suddenly...
  5. Performance problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Performance and system issues

Performance and system issues: Hi On my Windows 10 Everytime i install a program. my system file storage seems to accumulate so much space that it leaves hardly anything. is this a microsoft bug that needs to be fixed?? The system files on installation are ~9GB and on any kind of installation ~15GB...
  7. system performance

system performance: I reset windows 10 but after that also system hang. It takes time to open operation after click. Like- right button click will take much time on desktop, open any app on desktop . What should I do?...
  8. Performance and System Failures

Performance and System Failures: Hello Sir, i am currently working as an intern at Ridhiman Alloys one of the largest manufacturer,dealers and exporters in production of valves,Sheets and coils and I would like to bring to your notice that in month of March 2019 i have buy 3 Windows phones from one of your...
  9. System Performance

System Performance: My computer is sluggish to start doesn't seem to be booting up right. I have tried defragging, system reserve is at 18% after optimizing it drops to 9%, until you analyze it again, and then it goes right back to 18%, so its done nothing. How should I proceed with this matter....
  10. Performance Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Problems: Hi All Recently switched back to Windows Defender from Avast Free, anyways having high memory usage with MS Edge, slow downs at times while gaming, thinking maybe PC can't handle Defender, despite it's AMD FX 8310 8 Core, 3.40ghz, R7 240 video card, it might be Firestorm...