Windows 10: Problem with TAB key

Discus and support Problem with TAB key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i been having problem since 1 hour or so, my tab key gets spammed. When i try to alt tab and hold it it starts to move super fast, and there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fabrizio Pollini, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Problem with TAB key

Hello, i been having problem since 1 hour or so, my tab key gets spammed. When i try to alt tab and hold it it starts to move super fast, and there is games that requiere me to hold that key, when i hold it it just get spammed making almost impossible to play.

I dont know what to do i already downloaded the drivers and even changed plug ins ports

:)

Fabrizio Pollini, Oct 17, 2020

2. Tab key stopped working

Hi Don,

To resolve your issue, follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Alt-key.
    • Press 0 0 9 on the numeric pad.
    • Release the Alt-key.

This is the alternate method of getting a TAB character.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Hellopaul Win User
    Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Oct 17, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with TAB key

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Problem with TAB key

1. Problem with TAB key - Similar Threads - Problem TAB key

2. Tab key stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab key stuck?: My tab key appears to be stuck - but only when trying to use any of the Windows menus. It just cycles through whatever menu I happen to have open. I've read that others have had this same problem and all of the answers appear to require clicking. Is there a way to navigate...
  3. I have a problem with my "TAB" key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with my "TAB" key: Do you know the TAB browsing feature in chrome?Yeah, it's happening to me but in windows and I don't know how to stop it...I've searched everywhere and I didn't find anything please someone help me for the love of god...
  4. I have a problem with my "TAB" key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with my "TAB" key: Do you know the TAB browsing feature in chrome?Yeah, it's happening to me but in windows and I don't know how to stop it...I've searched everywhere and I didn't find anything please someone help me for the love of god...
  5. I have a problem with my "TAB" key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tab Key?: Hi EveryoneI have a problem with my laptop, it seems that the Tab Key is constantly being pressed, it doesn't happen all the time and only happens after i have been using the laptop for a while, removing the tab key does nothing and it usually stops after a few seconds, i...
  7. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Key?: Hi EveryoneI have a problem with my laptop, it seems that the Tab Key is constantly being pressed, it doesn't happen all the time and only happens after i have been using the laptop for a while, removing the tab key does nothing and it usually stops after a few seconds, i...
  8. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Tab Key?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Tab Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab Key: If i want to use my tab key i need to hold down my shift key it happend today can u help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tab-key/f30d61af-4dc8-49f0-9c56-78c809cf60e5