Windows 10: Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

Discus and support Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by matskim, Mar 12, 2020.

1. matskim Win User

Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10

When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have to manually restart task manager.

Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing 7c5c7243-2a08-4e3c-8180-b00dc9ff1c92?upload=true.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas?

Here is the spec of PC.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4K4MMTzZja2WIf3r26DMGwo

:)

matskim, Mar 12, 2020
  2. djerwin Win User

task manager problem

I'm running WM6.0 on a Moto Q9h.

I remember reading somewhere that WM6.0 has a "smart" task manager that automatically shuts down processes when it needs to. I use emoze to push my gmail onto my phone, and every now and then the emoze client disappears from the list of running processes
    (and, consequently, my email doesn't get pushed any more!). I suspect that the smart task manager is killing it.

My question is this: Is there a way to tell WM6.0 not to kill a particular task?

Thanks,

Dave.

djerwin, Mar 12, 2020
  3. IrdealDJA Win User
    Problem with the Task Host Window and the shutting down

Hi Sayan_Gosh, thanks for your fast response! I will answer first all the four questions that you are asking me:

• The PC that I'm using is a Gateway model DX4860 with previous Windows 7 Home Premium.
    • I have upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update settings.
    • I have Norton Security Deluxe installed in my PC.
    • And finally, all programs were closed before shutting down Windows.
    I will execute your initial recommendations and the
    diagnostic steps that you suggest me; and I will let you know the status of the "Task Host issue".

IrdealDJA, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

1. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing - Similar Threads - Problem task manager

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. Task Manager has disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager has disappeared: Task Manager has disappeared. When I type Task manager in the search box, and select the App, I get the following error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I own the PC, so I am the...
  6. Shut Down Problems

Shut Down Problems: Greetings, I have yesterday updated to the newer insider build of windows 10, i am currently on version 1903 build 18999.1. Since the update i have noted that my PC takes ages to either restart or shut down, not sure why or what's causing it . If any1 of you could help...
  7. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler: Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions to set up the shut down and followed all the steps (Start Shutdown.exe; and even add the argument -s) but the laptop will...
  8. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  9. problem in shutting down

problem in shutting down: am trying to shut down my pc but after pressing shut down button no action is taken please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-shutting-down/86523a2b-8410-404d-bb75-a3fa9073ae2a"
  10. shut Down Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    shut Down Problem.: I just installed windows 10. And now i can't shut down. I can see its moving out of windows 10, Than it goes black and stays there. Any help please Thanks 42847