Windows 10: Problem with Taskbar on windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Taskbar on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am working on a desktop and have win 10 installed and was fully updated yesterday. This problem has existed for some time. I am on a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dean475, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Dean475 Win User

Problem with Taskbar on windows 10

Hi

I am working on a desktop and have win 10 installed and was fully updated yesterday.

This problem has existed for some time. I am on a desktop using a dell server as a workstation.

Fresh install of the OS 2 weeks ago.

Problem:

The icons in my taskbar show with an underline which apps are active and may have multiple windows . When I hover over a icon of an app that is open I get a small window or windows showing the open pages for that application. But when I attempt to move my mouse cursor over the line between the application and the taskbar all of the windows for the application disappear. If instead of using the cursor I hover an use the up arrow the window or if multiple windows the most left window are activated and then I must strike the enter key to access that specific window

This situation is most aggravating and is probably a result of some setting I have changed

I hope I have explained the problem so you can understand what is going on.

Any help or suggestions are most welcome.

:)

Dean475, Jun 12, 2020

2. having a problem with Windows 10 taskbar. help needed,

It's still happening after i have done the above mentioned steps. I was running FireFox, I had 3 tabs open. 2 were Newegg.com, 1 was TPU. Closing them did NOT resolve the issue. Im starting to think that this is being caused by a windows process. notifications are entirely off too. FFS, this is really annoying.

***edit***
    I tried This fix, and im Hoping it will work.
    RAN=elevated PowerShell\Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}\Enter\fingers Crossed *Wink Problem with Taskbar on windows 10 ;)

I Also installed "start10" and customised the start Menu, and Added a proper start button. Still no frozen taskbar, and its been Far longer than it normally takes until it used to happen.

jboydgolfer, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Taskbar on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Taskbar

2. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  3. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  4. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE: Hi, I Have A Problem With My ASUS TUF FA507RE My TaskBar And WI-FI Options Are Gone, I Fr Can’t Open Any Browser Or App On My Pc Because Of These 2 Problems Please Help, Here Are Some Photos...
  6. Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE

Taskbar And WI-FI Problems On ASUS TUF FA507RE: Hi, I Have A Problem With My ASUS TUF FA507RE My TaskBar And WI-FI Options Are Gone, I Fr Can’t Open Any Browser Or App On My Pc Because Of These 2 Problems Please Help, Here Are Some Photos...
  7. Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!: i just brought a new Asus TUF gaming laptop with window 11 home about 6 days ago and while doing updating and installing app in to my new laptop that i found out 2 thingstaskbar have only 2 option left and centre? how can i change it top as it more useful to me when i have...
  8. Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!

Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!: i just brought a new Asus TUF gaming laptop with window 11 home about 6 days ago and while doing updating and installing app in to my new laptop that i found out 2 thingstaskbar have only 2 option left and centre? how can i change it top as it more useful to me when i have...
  9. Windows 11 Taskbar Behavior Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Behavior Problem: Using the "automatically hide the Taskbar" function. However, when File Explorer is open, the Taskbar will not re-appear by passing the mouse cursor over the bottom edge of the screen. How can I correct this?...
  10. Windows 11 Taskbar Behavior Problem

Windows 11 Taskbar Behavior Problem: Using the "automatically hide the Taskbar" function. However, when File Explorer is open, the Taskbar will not re-appear by passing the mouse cursor over the bottom edge of the screen. How can I correct this?...