Windows 10: Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

Discus and support Problem with text case when pressing Shift button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I highlight the text using Shift, the text case toggles. It is like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word but I just click on Shift. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silvia Flores2, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

When I highlight the text using Shift, the text case toggles. It is like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word but I just click on Shift. I use Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10. How to turn off this feature?

:)

Silvia Flores2, Feb 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail, Shift Button and Highlighted Text Capitalization Issues

I am running Windows 10 and using Windows Mail version 16005.11029.20108.0 on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260.

Whenever I highlight text using the SHIFT button (often to copy and paste something), the text case starts to toggle. And I am talking an uncontrollable wicked fast toggle between the text case that completely manhandles that highlighted portion of the text.
    Is there any way to turn this feature off? It is acting like the SHIFT+F3 shortcut in Microsoft Word; however, I am only pressing the SHIFT button.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mail application. I have also gone into the Mail and Calendar advanced options and reset the application. No luck on either front.

Thank you for your suggestions

ChrisZarzar, Feb 7, 2019
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

Stuck on restarting screen after Windows update

In this case, please follow the steps on how to troubleshoot start-up problems in Windows 10.

• Hold shift button and click Power button
    • Restart while keeping shift button pressed.

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Problem with text case when pressing Shift button

1. Problem with text case when pressing Shift button - Similar Threads - Problem text case

2. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  3. shift key is not staying activated when pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key is not staying activated when pressed: Hi, I have a little problem with my shift key. It works mostly, however when i am pressing the key for a longer time more than half a second to write multiple letters the function stops working after a very short time.Example:HHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhWhile writing this i kept my...
  4. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  5. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  6. How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to desactivate SHIFT press doing upper case letters: Hi, i want to know how to desactivate the pressing key SHIFT feature that do upper case letters, i really dont know why this exist if we have the CAPS LOCK key....
  7. Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?: Hello. The taskbar is acting as if the Shift key is pressed (it's not) because when I right-click windows in it, the wrong pop up appears. The one that appears is the one that would show up if you press Shift + Right Click. "Sticky Keys" is not on. The same doesn't happen...
  8. When i press shift it deletes a character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i press shift it deletes a character.: this makes it really hard to write. since if I press shift it backspaces. any help cant make parenthesis or a question mark sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-shift-it-deletes-a-character/2a31b6e7-f0a7-4100-9beb-a99224993b3a
  9. PC won't turn on when case button is pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't turn on when case button is pressed: Had a previous issue which is located here: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Windows 10 Forums To tldr it was fixed by displaying all startup items and services. Had a freeze today and after that when I turned the PC off (via case switch) it wouldn't...
  10. Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift

in Windows 10 Support
    Beeping Sound When Repeatedly Pressing Shift: Whenever I press shift multiple times System Sounds makes a really annoying beeping sound. I have already disabled Sticky, Toggle and Filter Keys to try and fix the issue, but it didn't work. Would love some help, has been happening since I updated Windows about a week...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. at button not changing when pressing shift

2. text pasted when pressing shift

3. windows 10 shift F3 is stuck on changing case of highlighted text