Windows 10: Problem with the desktop after updating.

Discus and support Problem with the desktop after updating. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I express my problem and I hope you can advise me to solve it: Since my computer with Windows 10 made the update I see a black screen before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Crystal C.Hagerman, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Problem with the desktop after updating.

Hello, I express my problem and I hope you can advise me to solve it: Since my computer with Windows 10 made the update I see a black screen before logging into Windows 10.

:)

Crystal C.Hagerman, Apr 8, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 8, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 8, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problem with the desktop after updating.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem with the desktop after updating. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Problem with the desktop after updating.

1. Problem with the desktop after updating. - Similar Threads - Problem desktop updating

2. Problems after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after update: I'm not sure if I'm running Windows 10 or 11, but after a recent update, the start menu, find, and settings will not open. I also get a -805306367 file system error trying to open and picture. Anyone else having similar issues?...
  3. Problems after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after updating.: The last update took a long time to complete. Now when I turn on the computer I get to the prominent sign on the screens, I can log in, but then all I get is a black screen where I can see the mouse pointer. Contorl / Alt / Delete opens the task manager menu, but all those...
  4. update problem on desktop

update problem on desktop: hello, i have a problem on my laptop.this is in regards to the new update to Windows 10 21H1.the taskbar is glitching continuously sometimes it goes away but 90% of the time it is there.this problem is easily resolved by just hovering the mouse on top of the search bar of the...
  5. Problem with desktop after using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with desktop after using OneDrive: I have Win10 Pro Version 20H2. I recently tried using OneDrive for the first time. Because of issues that I doubt are relevant for present purposes, it didn't work out at all, so I disabled OneDrive using the Group Policy Editor and went back to the way things were. (At least...
  6. Desktop Update problem

Desktop Update problem: I have a desktop, running Windows 10 v 1903. However, it has given me some strange problems - audio and networking and I would like to clean re-install Windows. I used the Media Creation Tool and chose "Update this PC now" and chose "Save Nothing". Everything ran as...
  7. Problem after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after update: Having a problem after latest update any windows I have open are stacked on top if existing page I have open and the 1 I have open is only viewable 3/4of the screen .hiw can I fix this so page I have open takes up the whole screen for viewing 137294
  8. problem after update

problem after update: I have Toshiba Satellite L50-C-with pre-install Windows 10. After the last windows update 22 March 2019, I boot the laptop and I get this message: Scanningand repairing drive C. After the end of this processing, I can’t access to my laptop. The only option is “Choose your...
  9. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  10. Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Problems (But Fixes After Reboot!): Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this doesn't make sense!! I've recently upgraded my Windows 10 to the new 1511 version and after a while I've noticed a few issues with my desktop in that all the icons disappear when it boots up and also my Dropbox doesn't...