Windows 10: Problem with the integrated laptop camera

Discus and support Problem with the integrated laptop camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem in Windows 10 with the camera on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. The camera works properly with the Windows 10 app. However, if I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julio MarioV, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Problem with the integrated laptop camera

I have a problem in Windows 10 with the camera on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. The camera works properly with the Windows 10 app. However, if I try to use it in another app e.g. Google meet, Teams, Zoom, etc it doesn't work. I already verified, and I have granted permission to these applications to use my camera. Thanks.

:)

Julio MarioV, Apr 19, 2021

2. integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Farvatten Win User

Problem with the integrated laptop camera

Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

Someone else recently had a similar issue, where it was showing up under 'Hidden Devices'. Have you already checked there? If it is, and 'grayed out', it might be driver problem preventing it from connecting and making it show up as 'Hidden'. You can choose to uninstall the driver, and reboot or in some cases it can be accidentally turned off in the Bios. Otherwise it could be the hardware and / or connection inside that's failing

Hidden devices reconnection

Problem with the integrated laptop camera [​IMG]

Farvatten, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Problem with the integrated laptop camera

1. Problem with the integrated laptop camera - Similar Threads - Problem integrated laptop

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  4. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  5. Problem with Integrated Camera and Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Integrated Camera and Zoom: I am trying to use ZOOM latest version the integrated camera does not show up in my window. ??? Just updated Windows 10. [Original Title: Integrated camera]...
  6. Integrated camera

Integrated camera: I am trying to use ZOOM latest version the integrated camera does not show up in my window. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera/9b4cb072-a16d-43e0-82a3-9ed1bb3039dc
  7. Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera): I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I have Win10-32 Home (Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.1082) and assume it might have been removed somehow when Windows did an...
  8. Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

in Windows 10 Support
    Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera): I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I have Win10-32 Home (Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.1082) and assume it might have been removed somehow when Windows did an...
  9. integrated camera on Lenova laptop

integrated camera on Lenova laptop: Thought my camera wasn't working on my Lenevo laptop. I tried all the suggestions and even uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. I still had a snowy screen. I haven't had the laptop about a week and happened to look at the top front above the screen and saw a real...
  10. my laptop integrated camera is not working

my laptop integrated camera is not working: I have brought a new laptop recently ,everything worked fine but few days ago the camera stopped working, there is a camera symbol with / over it. there isn't any error message when opened . I tried updating the drivers ,uninstalling the drivers and re-installing it ,I also...