Windows 10: Problem with the new May 2021 Windows 10 update

Discus and support Problem with the new May 2021 Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating to the latest version of Windows as of today 13th May 2021, my second monitor keeps on flashing when I connect it via HDMI to my laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Az_727, May 12, 2021.

1. Az_727 Win User

Problem with the new May 2021 Windows 10 update

After updating to the latest version of Windows as of today 13th May 2021, my second monitor keeps on flashing when I connect it via HDMI to my laptop, making it unusable. The laptop works fine without a second monitor hooked up, however. I tried installing new graphics drivers and it does nothing. I had to restore the previous update to be able to use my second monitor again, and I can only delay this update by 35 days. This is a heavy issue and I would like Microsoft to address about this. Does anyone else have the same issue?My laptop is Dell G3 15.6" and my second monitor is an acer KG25

:)

Az_727, May 12, 2021

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 12, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2021
  4. KCav45 Win User

Windows Update Manager not updating

Available updates:
    · 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Win 10 ver. 20H2 (K8500080) Status: Down loading – 0 %
    · 2021-01 Update for Windows 10 ver. 20H2 (KB4023057) Statue: Pending install

If you were in this situation, what would you do to get the Update Manager to make these updates?
    • There is 43.8 GB available disk space.
    • Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool completed successfully
    • Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    What do you think is the cause of the problem?
    What steps should be taken to solve the problem?

KCav45, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with the new May 2021 Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Problem May 2021

2. Window 10 update May 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update May 2021: I have a problem with my window 10 update. I doing update with window 10 update assistant. While doing update, in first restart my laptop screen stucked at loader page without preloader....
  3. Window 10 update May 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 update May 2021: I have a problem with my window 10 update. I doing update with window 10 update assistant. While doing update, in first restart my laptop screen stucked at loader page without preloader....
  4. Problems after the May 2021 Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems after the May 2021 Windows Update: How do I reinstall a game downloaded from the Microsoft Store without losing my standings, levels, or points? When I try to open the game, I get a dark screen with the words "Click for Exit" in the top left side of the screen. Then it looks like the game is loading, but when...
  5. Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled

Windows 10 May 2021 update stalled: Windows 10 upgrade assistant has been stalled at 99% for hours for the May, 2021 update. Tried copying and pasting the media folder as suggested by Microsoft but it got to 99 percent and advised that there was something open. I believe the only thing I have open is the update...
  6. Windows 10 May 2021 Update

Windows 10 May 2021 Update: Another update, and since this is a personal PC, i won't use whatever they're yapping about. If i ever do have a business PC it never have any games or social media programs on it. And it be set on it own dedicated internet and not a shared one.Windows Hello multicamera...
  7. Problem in new Windows 10 update May 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in new Windows 10 update May 2021: After installing the May 2021 update, I am facing the following problems:1. Unable to switch between applications using Alt+Tab.2. Unable to do multi-tasking by simply dragging an application to one side and open another on the other side....
  8. More problems because of the May 10, 2021 Windows Update

More problems because of the May 10, 2021 Windows Update: Since the May10, 2021 Windows Update, when I try to open a Word document I get the following message in a pop-up box: Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable. So, how do I fix this update mistake?...
  9. Windows 10 May 2021 updates: What’s new and fixed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2021 updates: What’s new and fixed: Windows 10 May 2021 update “Patch Tuesday” (not to be confused with version 21H1) is now rolling out for those using supported versions, such as version 20H2 and version 2004. This month’s Patch Tuesday release comes with quality improvements and it also fixes an issue that...
  10. Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update

Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Sir, This is Gavin. I heard that today i.e. 11 May, 2021 Microsoft was going to launch New Version of Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update. I checked Microsoft Website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 its still showing...