Windows 10: Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.

Discus and support Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It is not much consolation but I have discovered that I am not the only person having problems. There are pages of technical information and advice on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GiancarloBertelli, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.

It is not much consolation but I have discovered that I am not the only person having problems. There are pages of technical information and advice on Steam and Rockstar community pages. Rockstar have issued a program 'launcher' which is supposed to solve all problems; it does not.

It occurs to me that I might be failing to do something on my PC which is preventing the game launching. As Microsoft involvement with digital gaming, both XBOX and PC, seems to be increasing , I thought it worthwhile asking the question.

:)

GiancarloBertelli, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Lorrutix Win User

L.A.Noire game not compatible with Windows 10.

If someone is still experiencing the same problem, I've found a solution for Windows 10 64 bit build 16299 as described in the following link:

Rockstar Games Customer Support

Basically I applied the patch for Windows 8.1 and the most updated version of Social Club. Believe it or not, the final step which made LA Noire work was to install it in a path without any spaces in it, ie E:\rockstar\LA_noire.

Lorrutix, Feb 23, 2021
  3. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 23, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.

Rockstar Games Joins Steam

Rockstar Games, the publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, and Valve announce an agreement to launch Rockstar Games' entire PC catalog on Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 13 million accounts around the world. Starting today, gamers may purchase Rockstar Games' titles, including the complete Grand Theft Auto and Max Payne series plus Manhunt and Midnight Club II. To celebrate the launch, Rockstar is offering all its Steam games for a 10% discount during launch week. The Rockstar games now available on Steam include: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto II, Grand Theft Auto, Midnight Club II, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Max Payne, Manhunt and Wild Metal Country. For more information about Rockstar Games on Steam, please visit this page.

Source: Steam

malware, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC.

1. Problem with the Rockstar game L A Noire bought from Steam and installed it my Windows 10 PC. - Similar Threads - Problem Rockstar game

2. Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.: Hello everyone, I'm coming here because I need help with some problems my computer has been having with downloading large files off Steam. This didn't start happening until about the 23rd of June, where, my PC would begin downloading a game larger than a giga and then it...
  3. Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.: Hello everyone, I'm coming here because I need help with some problems my computer has been having with downloading large files off Steam. This didn't start happening until about the 23rd of June, where, my PC would begin downloading a game larger than a giga and then it...
  4. Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with a game on steam.

Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  6. Problem with a game on steam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  7. My PC can not install Rockstar games launcher and Battle.net launcher.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can not install Rockstar games launcher and Battle.net launcher.: I got my PC at the start of the year in January, and it's been smooth sailing so far. However One day I loaded into Red Dead Redemption two via steam, and received an error message stating the launcher was not connected to the library. I looked up on Rockstar's...
  8. My PC can not install Rockstar games launcher and Battle.net launcher.

My PC can not install Rockstar games launcher and Battle.net launcher.: I got my PC at the start of the year in January, and it's been smooth sailing so far. However One day I loaded into Red Dead Redemption two via steam, and received an error message stating the launcher was not connected to the library. I looked up on Rockstar's...
  9. Rockstar Games Launcher not working on Windows PC [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Rockstar Games Launcher not working on Windows PC [Fixed]: [IMG]If the Rockstar Games Launcher is not working on your Windows 11/10 PC then this post is sure to help you fix the problem. Rockstar Games Launcher is required to play video games like Grand Theft Auto developed and published by Rockstar Games, Inc. on PC. However, some...
  10. BSOD Steam Games Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Steam Games Problems: I've had recent problems that when I am playing steam games my computer it often restarts with BSOD errors. It is mostly Memory Management errors but now it varies a lot. I've tried as many of the fixes as possible but it doesn't seem to work. I also found that the Network...