Windows 10: Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by balubeto, Dec 2, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

Hi

In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Dec 2, 2015
  2. dbcSU Win User

All kinds of things have stopped working on my laptop

All kinds of things have stopped working on my laptop - Microsoft Edge has blank tabs and won't search, Cortana doesn't work, Outlook won't update; Google Chrome works and I can open webmail with that but no attachments will download.

dbcSU, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Blank Search

Hello, my windows search engine won't search for anything when I pull it up. I press the window simple or mouse over it, type in something and it just stays there with no activity and a blank search. Can you help ? Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Tabs, address bar, and search / Windows 10

JasonSteele1, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Does this happen all the time or is it intermittent? Although I have experienced this before I can't reproduce it at the moment.

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. I had this, if its the same its a setting in IE that affects Edge, open IE and click the cog wheel at the top right and then select manage addons, make sure the following is ticked

Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Problem searches blank

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration: Microsoft Edge’s tab search feature, which has been under development for a long time, is finally making some progress. Apparently, Edge’s new feature is now one step closer to the official launch and it looks like Windows 10 Search integration has also made progress....
  4. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  5. In Edge, why two blank tabs always open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Edge, why two blank tabs always open: I have my Tabs all over on the left side of the screen. When I click on the + to open up a new tab, that new tab will open up but there's always the second new tab that will be added just below the new one I just opened. Is that normal and if not, what do I do to stop that....
  6. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  7. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  8. MS Edge New Tab Blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Edge New Tab Blank: Have set new tabs to show recent sites, but new tabs are only blank. Was working until recently. Have toggled settings, restart edge, restart windows all without luck. Edge v44.18362.449 on Windows 1909, Feb. cumulative updates. Dell 9365 laptop. submitted by /u/Bioman52...
  9. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge: [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge....
  10. Microsoft Edge search problem.

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search problem.: Every time I open Microsoft Edge, Yahoo appears instead of Bing. Even when I look up things, Yahoo powers the search. Its really annoying and its a time waster. Can anyone help me on this, like getting rid of yahoo from anything I look up. Best Regards, Doubled...