Windows 10: Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

Discus and support Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I need some help. So my laptop boots up perfectly fine and the windows 10 apps and the desktop apps also work perfectly. The problem i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Malay Singh, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

Hi everyone,

I need some help. So my laptop boots up perfectly fine and the windows 10 apps and the desktop apps also work perfectly.

The problem i face is with the system tray or whatever the icons on the bottom right of the taskbar are called.

When i try to click on the Wifi icon, it pops up but keeps on refreshing. It doesnt show any available networks. Not even the wifi turn on/off or the airplane mode button.

Next, when i click on the sound or the battery icon, they dont even pop up, even after leaving for hrs.

Lastly when i scroll through the start menu, it just suddenly freezes.

I have never faced any problem like this with my laptop before. It just happened suddenly.

I have tried to reset but the problem persists.

:)

Malay Singh, Mar 30, 2020

2. start menu, search assistant and notification tray not working

Hi,

As you’re not able to open start menu, search assistant and notification tray, we would assist you surely.

Before I proceed further I would like to know the below information.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Is that the issue persist with the particular application mention in the issue? Or with all the apps installed on Windows.

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the system?

• I suggest you to try the below steps to fix the error “explorer.exe- class not registered “which would fix
      the issue, followed by the steps mentioned in the issue.

Method 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under
      Process tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the
      Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on
      Ok.

Method 2: I suggest you to try the Troubleshoot steps provided in the link to
    run the latest updates, and creating a new user account. Which would fix the Start menu or Cortana issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Method 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this suggestion will help you in fixing the error, please revert back with the update regarding the issue. We would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu

1. Problem with the system tray and slight stuttering of Start Menu - Similar Threads - Problem system tray

2. Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu: When I click pin to start for an application, it seems like nothing happens until I then click unpin from start then click pin to start again. This is not such a big problem, but it is a little annoying and it confuses me....
  3. Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Slight issue with pinning applications to start menu: When I click pin to start for an application, it seems like nothing happens until I then click unpin from start then click pin to start again. This is not such a big problem, but it is a little annoying and it confuses me....
  4. System tray popup menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray popup menu not working: Hello there,I installed Windows 11 through the Insider about two weeks before it was released. Since then, I'm having this issue, where the popup menu that comes when you click on the WiFi / Battery / Volume icon in the system tray is missing. The icons are there, and when I...
  5. System tray popup menu not working

System tray popup menu not working: Hello there,I installed Windows 11 through the Insider about two weeks before it was released. Since then, I'm having this issue, where the popup menu that comes when you click on the WiFi / Battery / Volume icon in the system tray is missing. The icons are there, and when I...
  6. Problem in system tray icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in system tray icons!: Windows security icon appears on all programs in system tray, and thereal programs icons don't appear. Why? How I can Fix it? System: Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit Version: 2004 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Getting CoreTemp to start in system tray

Getting CoreTemp to start in system tray: I'm having a weird issue with CoreTemp at startup on my new Windows 10 64-bit PC. I'm using it to display the temp and CPU load in my system tray. I have it set to run at startup, and I have "start Core Temp minimized" selected. Yet during system startup the CoreTemp Window...
  8. Start Outlook to system tray at logon

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Start Outlook to system tray at logon: Hello to everybody, What I would like to do is to start Outlook 2016 at logon minimized to the notification area (system tray) ONLY. I have tried it in 3 different ways: 1. Created a task to run after 1 minute from logon. <Command>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft...
  9. Start Menu Slight Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Slight Issue: Has anyone else had an issue with start menu where you search for a particular program that runs when you click it but the sidebar of the start menu stays open? It doesn't do it all the time but its a bit of a bug bare really. I've had a look online and similar issues seem to...
  10. common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working

in Windows 10 Support
    common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working: Hello, I know its a common problem with 10 but here is a list of my problems that occurred a few days after upgrading to windows 10. start menu isn't accessible (unless i download classic shell) task bar isn't accessible system tray isn't accessible - i can't even...