Windows 10: Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too

Discus and support Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently troubleshooting a laptop of my brother. Windows 10 family with alll the latest update He decided i don't know why to mess with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GilardiTommy, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too

Hi,

I'm currently troubleshooting a laptop of my brother. Windows 10 family with alll the latest update

He decided i don't know why to mess with the security setting autorisation, access, ownership... of his hard drive.

And he ended up with an unopenable start menu and action center, the security center doesn't open too, he can't right click on the taskbar, the search bar doesn't respond, the user creation doesn't show, and the list is long. I can lauch game and use any 3rd party software without any problems.

I managed to install a dual boot to check, everything work but i can't access any hard drive or lauch any 3rd party software games, webrowser...

I followed the step given here :

here

here

and here

Without results.

I wanted to do a clean install but he doesn't have anywhere to store his data over 2TB of stuff.

Is there anything i can do?

If you need more information i can post it...

Best regards ^^

:)

GilardiTommy, Sep 3, 2020

2. Accent color for start, task bar, action center

rosalie jeangardiner, Sep 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Sep 3, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too

1. Problem with the task bar, security center, action center and start menu maybe others too - Similar Threads - Problem task bar

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Action center bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center bar is not visible: For nearly 3 months my action center bar is not showing in the taskbar. I tried to on it in the settings but it is in on only and I couldn't on or off in the settings. It's like not for changing and in black color while other bars are in white and able to change tha settings....
  4. action center will not open from task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center will not open from task bar: action center will not open from task bar. calendar will not open from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open-from-task-bar/be04c14a-2f7d-4cf6-8eb9-ee608ca0ce6a
  5. Action Center Problems

Action Center Problems: I am unable to open the messages in the Action Center for Outlook and the messages do not appear in my outlook mail. How do I find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-problems/0f45dd5a-f588-42f2-8539-02e06a70e864
  6. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  7. Can't access the start menu, or action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access the start menu, or action center: I bought MS Surface Book i5 from a pawn shop. I guess they wiped it and reset it. I can't access the start menu, action center, settings menu, theres no browsers, no apps, no cortana nothing. All i can really do is get a wifi connection and open windows store. It has Win 10...
  8. Accent color for start, task bar, action center

Accent color for start, task bar, action center: The check box for "accent color for start, task bar, action center" below the "show accent colors on the following surfaces" is grayed out and cannot be checked. How di I fix this? Thank you....
  9. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  10. Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail: Device: Surface Pro 4 OS: Fully Updated Windows 10 Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail. Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or...