Windows 10: Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

Discus and support Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M 71, Feb 1, 2023.

1. M 71 Win User

Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This may take several minutes. Please Don't Turn Off."Is there any way to stop this from happening? Twice it has happened during my work day, which is disruptive. One time, it took about a half hour to stop.

:)

M 71, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

Blue Screen Problems

Hello all. I have been plagued with frequent BSODs on my main computer. (see system specs for details) I am getting "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area", or the 0x50 stop error, blue-screens.
    What I read on Google suggested that this blue-screen indicated a memory or hard drive error. I ran memtest86+, which passed, and chkdsk, which found no problems. I took all of my components down to stock clocks, and that didn't help. Does anyone have any experience or advice as to what I should try next?

BinaryMage, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

1. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen - Similar Threads - Problem might several

2. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen: Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This may take several minutes. Please Don't Turn Off."Is there any way to stop this from happening? Twice it has happened during...
  3. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen: Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This may take several minutes. Please Don't Turn Off."Is there any way to stop this from happening? Twice it has happened during...
  4. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times: here are the minidump files i got click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-problem-since-yesterday-several-times/2ff51e4f-bdd8-49c1-bf6e-72f312268263
  5. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times: here are the minidump files i got click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-problem-since-yesterday-several-times/2ff51e4f-bdd8-49c1-bf6e-72f312268263
  6. Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.: I have bought a new laptop and when I was setting it up it asked me whether I want to install the latest windows update. I clicked yes and I think this was the 2020-01 windows 10 update, it took me to the screen “this will take several minutes”, however I have been stuck for...
  7. USB ports not working and computer takes several minutes to shut down before blue screening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not working and computer takes several minutes to shut down before blue screening: Lately, when I’ve been turning my computer on again after previously using it for a while the usb ports just cease to function. Sometimes my mouse works and the keyboards and other usb devices dont, and sometimes none of them work. When i go to device manager to scan for...
  8. Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.: Long story short, since yesterday the pc is taking like 3-5 minutes to restart or to shutdown, everything is up to date, i even updated windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 to see if this fixed the issue but the problem is still there, booting is fine. i already tried several times...
  9. This might take several minutes

This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...
  10. "Hi, We've got some updates for your PC. This might take several minutes. Don't turn off...

"Hi, We've got some updates for your PC. This might take several minutes. Don't turn off...: Like others, I switched on my PC, logged in, and found the above message constantly looping. I note that there has been an update today (25 April 2019). How do I access the latest information, as the only responses I can see are a few years old. Also, in looking around the...