Windows 10: Problem with "Threat found - action needed." Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR

Discus and support Problem with "Threat found - action needed." Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I keep getting this threat notice. I have run windows update and did a quick scan and also did a Windows Defender Offline scan but the threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YibinLiao, Jun 24, 2020.

1. YibinLiao Win User

Problem with "Threat found - action needed." Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR

Problem with "Threat found - action needed."  Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR 39778ec2-ec93-499b-b84b-c340c6bbbf52?upload=true.png

I keep getting this threat notice. I have run windows update and did a quick scan and also did a Windows Defender Offline scan but the threat notice is still there. And I also checked this folder: C:\Users\tigerlyb\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey

and it's actually empty. It looks like the file is already removed but I still get this notice. Can anyone help?

:)

YibinLiao, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Moirty Win User

Trojan Found and Deleted....but it Returns (Trojan: HTML/Phish.AB!MSR)

Windows defender periodically finds a Trojan in a .htm file in my Windows Communications appdata area (see attachment). You will notice that the file is in the Attachments folder. Windows defender seems to delete this threat but after a few days or a couple
    weeks, the threat will return in the exact same location.

I have no evidence that the Trojan is actually running on my computer. I believe it is just sitting in the file waiting to be executed. I have not knowingly run this file and am usually careful about phishing attacks.

Only Microsoft Defender will find it. I tried using Malwarebytes, Bitdefender and Microsoft Safety Scanner. None of these even finds it.

MS-Defender says that it is successful at removing it and a scan immediately after the clean will not find the Trojan.

A few troubleshooting actions to date:

• Have removed the threat and immediately opened all known Microsoft communications programs (Outlook, Windows Calendar/Mail, Skype, Skype-Biz, Teams). I then reran a scan but did not find the Trojan. Nevertheless, it did return a couple weeks later.
    • I have started my computer in Safe Mode and deleted the entire package folder. After rebooting, the Trojan is no longer found by Defender. However, the folder and its content is eventually recreated along with the Trojan threat.
    • I had a case opened at Microsoft (who more-or-less had me repeat everything I had already done). MS ultimately recommended that I rebuild/refresh my entire computer. I am not adverse to doing this but I am worried that since the Trojan appears to be in
      an attachment within Windows communications, it will simply return. I do not want to waste my time.

I currently run a daily scan of the appdata\package folder so that I can identify when the file returns.

MS-Surface Pro i7/16GB/512GB with all Windows 10 Pro updates completed.

Office 365 environment with most all files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint.

Thank you for any further thoughts on this issue.

-bs

Problem with "Threat found - action needed."  Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR d96afd83-e398-49da-836d-8aa82a4861ec?upload=true.jpg

Moirty, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi!

Currently have,

edition Windows 10 Pro

version 1803

OS Build 17134.48

Slow ring with active development

For the last several build downloads, Windows Defender has been quarantining a severe trojan, HTML/Phish, providing file details, the suggestion to remove, but no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button.

Two file examples are:

trojan : HTML/Phish

affected items:

file: C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1175].html

C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1719].html

Now, I will share my lack of expertise by asking why does this trojan keep recurring once quarantined by Windows Defender from build to build?

Is a clean install the only option I have? Kinda' thought that was done with each new build download? Also thought Windows Defender is adaptive/preventive in it's way of staying ahead of threats?

Thank you for any kind instruction and enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC

Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC | ZDNet

Brink, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with "Threat found - action needed." Trojan:HTML/Phish!MSR - Similar Threads - Problem Threat found

2. Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...: I have gotten a few of these trojan warnings from IO Bit malware fighter and windows defender. Malware fighter says quarantined and deleted. defender has them still in the threats and says they need actions. When i try nothing happens. I am afraid to do anything with this new...
  3. Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender keeps showing these trojans/phishing threats that need actions. But when I...: I have gotten a few of these trojan warnings from IO Bit malware fighter and windows defender. Malware fighter says quarantined and deleted. defender has them still in the threats and says they need actions. When i try nothing happens. I am afraid to do anything with this new...
  4. how to remove trojan HTML/Phish!pz

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove trojan HTML/Phish!pz: How can I remove the Trojan HTML/Phish!pz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-trojan-htmlphishpz/fce31a02-416e-41fa-aaf5-364b808ad30a
  5. how to remove trojan HTML/Phish!pz

how to remove trojan HTML/Phish!pz: How can I remove the Trojan HTML/Phish!pz? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-trojan-htmlphishpz/fce31a02-416e-41fa-aaf5-364b808ad30a
  6. Threat found- action needed

Threat found- action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  7. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  8. Threat found - action needed

Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  9. Threat found - action needed

10. Trojan Found and Deleted....but it Returns Trojan: HTML/Phish.AB!MSR

Trojan Found and Deleted....but it Returns Trojan: HTML/Phish.AB!MSR: Windows defender periodically finds a Trojan in a .htm file in my Windows Communications appdata area see attachment. You will notice that the file is in the Attachments folder. Windows defender seems to delete this threat but after a few days or a couple weeks, the threat...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UIAlertController html phish.m