Windows 10: Problem with thumbnails/covers

Discus and support Problem with thumbnails/covers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I had this weird problem on W10 Home Single Language, the thing Is, the thumbnail of the art cover on my music files shows when i plug in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Agustina LucíaMonteabaro, May 2, 2021.

1. Problem with thumbnails/covers

Hi! I had this weird problem on W10 Home Single Language, the thing Is, the thumbnail of the art cover on my music files shows when i plug in my android phone and copy the songs on the phone, I can see the thumbnails perfectly on the file explorer while browsing the phone on my PC. However when I go to those same files on my PC not trough my phone folders they show without the cover or thumbnail. I tried so many different things, I cleaned the registry, folder options, cleaned the WMP,.downloaded components for the WMP, moved the files to another folder but nothing works and I have no

:)

Agustina LucíaMonteabaro, May 2, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, May 2, 2021
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 2, 2021
  4. Problem with thumbnails/covers

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Problem with thumbnails/covers

1. Problem with thumbnails/covers - Similar Threads - Problem thumbnails covers

2. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer problem: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  3. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer problem: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  4. Problem with PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with PDF thumbnails: Hello I have new laptop (Win 10 Home). The previews/thumbnails of pdf files, however, are only black squares/tiles. And even if I manage to get a preview, the pdf is shown in such an ugly white square. [ATTACH] The problem is completely random, it can switch from black to...
  5. Thumbnail problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail problems: I have spent a wasted 2 and a half hours with Microsoft Support today after 2 different people messed around with my pc saying they could sort my issue out and in fact doing nothing apart from wasting both our time, I have had one re install my windows 10 which has taken a...
  6. Thumbnails Problem

Thumbnails Problem: Hey Everyone please help me out! So, I don't know how I got this issue but there are no thumbnails of my files when I view them in large and extra large option. But they are visible in medium and other options. And also when this problem occurred the touch gesture of two...
  7. thumbnails covered by icons

thumbnails covered by icons: It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show thumbnails and returned immediately to the mountain icon. Please try again EDIT -- I went to the main pictures folder and did this...
  8. thumbnails problem

thumbnails problem: Hi. I have problem few days and have encountered a strange problem. when boot windows every think is ok but after few minute ( 10 15 , ... ) When I open my computer window it does not show the drives. And it looks like it's loading.But directly into each drive separately....
  9. Problem on image thumbnails

Problem on image thumbnails: Hi, I have W10 updated to may update and last patches. I noticed a small bug. If I visualize a folder with images with the "very large icons" layout, a very large white frame appears around each image. See the following image. [ATTACH] Scrolling down and coming back up,...
  10. Thumbnail problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail problem: So I've tried literally every other tutorial I could find and It's still not solved. My thumbnails are not showing and it's starting to get annoying [img] 50183