Windows 10: Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

Discus and support Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've set hundreds of *jpg thumbnails on folders containing video files on numerous hard drives to make it easier to navigate. But since couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/madever, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

I've set hundreds of *jpg thumbnails on folders containing video files on numerous hard drives to make it easier to navigate. But since couple of days whenever new folder is created in any location, a random exisiting thumbnail of a random folder from a different location is assigned to it. Has anyone experienced this?

Clearing the thumbnail cache doesn't work.

submitted by /u/madever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/madever, Oct 31, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

1. Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders - Similar Threads - Problem thumbnails newly

2. Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?: Good day kind people and thank you for your support!I have a kind of technical question regarding the Windows OS:I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 with Windows 10. As I was running low on space, I wanted to change my “pictures” folder the default one in the quick access...
  3. Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?: Good day kind people and thank you for your support!I have a kind of technical question regarding the Windows OS:I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 with Windows 10. As I was running low on space, I wanted to change my “pictures” folder the default one in the quick access...
  4. Does Windows automatically move files/folders to a newly created "pictures" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails in folders.

Thumbnails in folders.: I have got a new laptop and it wont display thumbs on folders. I have unchecked/checked the boxes in view and performance, been on this and other forums, and done everything suggested, to no avail.Is there a way to repair/troubleshoot file explorer, other than a complete...
  6. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk: For some reason when i created a folder i can't search at all in it, i can search in the cloned folders but not in the ones that i create. I also noticed that any folder that i can't search in it i just can move it to the old HDD drive and then i can search the files in it...
  7. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk: For some reason when i created a folder i can't search at all in it, i can search in the cloned folders but not in the ones that i create. I also noticed that any folder that i can't search in it i just can move it to the old HDD drive and then i can search the files in it...
  8. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

9. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...
  10. Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create Thumbnail Slideshow?: Hi I'm an amateur photographer and have a lot of files. I would like to have my folder covers run as a slideshow, showing a random selection of images from within them and their sub-folders. Is this possible? Thanks John 94668

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive thumbnails show in windows but not on website