Windows 10: Problem with touchpad while gaming

Discus and support Problem with touchpad while gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever i want to play a game, i cant use the WASD keys and use the touchpad at the same time. Im on an HP Pavilion x360, and im on the latest version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by atl4nz, Mar 24, 2020.

1. atl4nz Win User

Problem with touchpad while gaming

Whenever i want to play a game, i cant use the WASD keys and use the touchpad at the same time.
    Im on an HP Pavilion x360, and im on the latest version of Windows 10
    Basically when i hold the W key im unable to look around. When i let go of the W key it takes ~1 second for the touchpad to be able to register movement again.

please help :

:)

atl4nz, Mar 24, 2020

2. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Mar 24, 2020
  3. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Mar 24, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with touchpad while gaming - Similar Threads - Problem touchpad while

2. touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad problem: so my touchpad just works and then stops working out of nowhere, i updated the driver drivers but nothing got fixed. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem/5b94b760-cf52-47b2-8dc9-6c1816081d2b
  3. Problem with wifi while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with wifi while playing games: Hello there,I really don't know what is going on. While playing game on my laptop asus tuf gaming f15, I just launch my game on Steam. For about 20 minutes it is everything allright, but after that I can't really play and got constantly about 170 ms. I know it's not my...
  4. Problem with wifi while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with wifi while playing games: Hello there,I really don't know what is going on. While playing game on my laptop asus tuf gaming f15, I just launch my game on Steam. For about 20 minutes it is everything allright, but after that I can't really play and got constantly about 170 ms. I know it's not my...
  5. touchpad problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad problems: for some reason when I tried to use my touchpad to move the cursor it didn't move so I went and used my mouse instead so I went into the setting to see if my touchpad was on and everything so I tried to use my touchpad again then it barely made the cursor move, the touchpad...
  6. Problems while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems while playing games: I will be in the middle of a game and my computer will just restart. I replaced my cpu as well as my motherboard and am not sure what to do now. -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID...
  7. Touchpad Problem

Touchpad Problem: Hi. I don't have a Touchpad setting. What will I do. Please help me. My laptop's unit is Aspire E 14 E5-411[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-problem/fdfca3db-ca0a-4d58-b00c-207032ba3fe6
  8. Touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad problem: I tried Dell Touchpad Drivers from site but not worked. error like (This app can't run on your PC.. To find version of your PC, check with the software publisher..) and Drivers from DELL site isInput_Driver_CN4KX_WN32_19.0.9.4_A00 (Synaptics) When i uninstall touchpad driver...
  9. TouchPad problem

TouchPad problem: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...
  10. Problem with Touchpad on Allods Online Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Touchpad on Allods Online Game: Hi , i bought a new PC 4 weeks ago , when i downloaded This Game i couldn't use the touchpad on it, the game doesn't seem it detect the cursor when i move it , when i click on anything in the game , it doesn't work... but when i use another mouse i can use it on that game......