Windows 10: Problem with TPM

Discus and support Problem with TPM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay so I haven't turn turn my computer on in a couple months But whenever I turned it on it said that the following configuration change was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kynleighfraley, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Problem with TPM

Okay so I haven't turn turn my computer on in a couple months But

whenever I turned it on it said that the following configuration change was requested for the computer trusted platform module TPM it says if I press F1 I can accept it if I press f2 I can reject it if I press f2 nothing works it up f1 nothing works I can't get anything to work I don't know what to do I try to shut down my computer but nothing comes on and I do the windows + r and nothing works

[Original Title: Helo]

:)

kynleighfraley, Nov 19, 2020

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Nov 19, 2020
  4. I3V
    i3v Win User

Problem with TPM

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

Thema:

Problem with TPM

1. Problem with TPM - Similar Threads - Problem TPM

2. If TPM has been around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, why do we need TPM know?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If TPM has been around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, why do we need TPM know?: If TPM has been around for over 20 years and has been part of PCs since around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, so why do we need to use TPM know?...
  3. If TPM has been around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, why do we need TPM know?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If TPM has been around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, why do we need TPM know?: If TPM has been around for over 20 years and has been part of PCs since around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, so why do we need to use TPM know?...
  4. If TPM has been around 2005. In 2016, without any problems, why do we need TPM know?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...: when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your pc" and i can't get the windows,i have windows 11...
  6. when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...

when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with...: when i enable tpm 2.0 my pc shows blue screen that says "recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your pc" and i can't get the windows,i have windows 11...
  7. American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems: So I have TPM 2.0 on my laptops, but when I boot to bios, I don't see an option to enable it. How can I fix it?I appreciate any support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megantrends-bios-tpm-20-problems/0317c035-a8b1-4284-b693-cb0a408e3445
  8. American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems

American Megantrends BIOS TPM 2.0 Problems: So I have TPM 2.0 on my laptops, but when I boot to bios, I don't see an option to enable it. How can I fix it?I appreciate any support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/american-megantrends-bios-tpm-20-problems/0317c035-a8b1-4284-b693-cb0a408e3445
  9. Windows activation problems after cleaning the TPM module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation problems after cleaning the TPM module: Hello,I have a problem with activating Windows on my laptop. I had an error with the TPM module for a long time and finally decided to clean it because it was interfering with normal operation. I bought a laptop with a version of Windows 11 Pro that was pre-installed and...
  10. Windows activation problems after cleaning the TPM module

Windows activation problems after cleaning the TPM module: Hello,I have a problem with activating Windows on my laptop. I had an error with the TPM module for a long time and finally decided to clean it because it was interfering with normal operation. I bought a laptop with a version of Windows 11 Pro that was pre-installed and...