Windows 10: Problem with trying to sign in

Discus and support Problem with trying to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mastermanz, Nov 28, 2020.

  1. Problem with trying to sign in


    So last night, I downloaded a driver to supposedly help with the Omen gaming panel. However, this morning when I woke up, I signed in but as I was doing so, it said ‘preparing windows’. To my surprise, all my ‘settings’ on my laptop were reset and I was welcomed with a message saying Microsoft account problem which said

    ‘We need to fix your Microsoft account as password has probably been changed which it hasn’t, I signed in with the same password. Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings.’

    Now whenever I click on it it says some of your accounts require attention in settings and when I click fix now, I enter my Microsoft account password and it’s supposedly ‘fixed’. However, when I opened my computer some time later, all my settings had reset again with the same message popping up the one in the second paragraph and I need to fix it again. This problem keeps repeating and I need to readjust all the settings and sign in to all games again each time I log on the laptop... what can I do? In a bit of a pinch here :/

    Another thing to add, it says NVIDIA control panel not found and that I have to install it every time I also log on.

    :)
     
    Mastermanz, Nov 28, 2020
    #1

  2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region


    I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

    Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

    1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.
     
    hurricane51, Nov 28, 2020
    #2
  3. "Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next you sign in."

    Hi Jranz,



    Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.



    Inconvenience regretted. I suspect the issue might due to the corruption in the user profiles. Lets follow the below mentioned steps and see if it works:

    I suggest you to add another Microsoft account by following the steps mentioned below and see if the problem persists:


    • Click Start.

    • Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Add a Microsoft account.


    • If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

    • Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.


    Once you're sign-in with new Microsoft account, then try to perform the actions and check if the problem still occurs. You can remove the existing Microsoft account from there if needed. Check and see if it helps.

    Please ensure to backup you data if you wish to remove your old Microsoft account.

    Hope this information is helpful.
     
    SujataMoktan, Nov 28, 2020
    #3
  4. dalchina Win User

    Problem with trying to sign in

    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

    That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

    I suggest Option 1 is easier.

    If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.
     
    dalchina, Nov 28, 2020
    #4
Thema:

Problem with trying to sign in

Loading...
  1. Problem with trying to sign in - Similar Threads - Problem trying sign

  2. I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...

    in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...: with code 0x800704cf, that is what happens mostly but sometimes it just says my account doesnt exist but when i hit create a new one it says my email is aleady linked to an account and it just repeats. or it will just say that there was an error. It only started happening...
  3. I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...: with code 0x800704cf, that is what happens mostly but sometimes it just says my account doesnt exist but when i hit create a new one it says my email is aleady linked to an account and it just repeats. or it will just say that there was an error. It only started happening...
  4. I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can sign in on microsoft website with no problems. The problem is that when I try to sign...: with code 0x800704cf, that is what happens mostly but sometimes it just says my account doesnt exist but when i hit create a new one it says my email is aleady linked to an account and it just repeats. or it will just say that there was an error. It only started happening...
  5. Sign-in Problem

    in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Problem: I need help. I wanted to reset my pc to be brand new because, my wifi was giving troubles and I thought it was my pc and indeed it was. So I deleted everything on my C:drive and later on I remembered there is something as factory reset. But I was too late to cancel the option...
  6. sign in problem

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in problem: I can not sign in to my Microsoft account as it generates an error code i also can't access my computer settings and start menu what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-problem/97c83323-ac7b-4051-8420-d3948ee6c7e4
  7. sign in problem

    in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in problem: I can not sign in to my Microsoft account as it generates an error code i also can't access my computer settings and start menu what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-problem/97c83323-ac7b-4051-8420-d3948ee6c7e4
  8. Problem trying to sign in with a Microsoft account. Keeps looping

    in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem trying to sign in with a Microsoft account. Keeps looping: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sethandthecrew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxyze2/problem_trying_to_sign_in_with_a_microsoft/
  9. Problem when trying to sign-in to Xbox

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when trying to sign-in to Xbox: Split from this thread. I was asking a question about attempting to sign into xbox, which is new. I was sidelined into a windows 10 disussion, which is a little wierd. Sorry, not really pleased with the simply attempting to use my xbox. I heard they have had technical...
  10. Sign in Problems

    in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in Problems: Sign in problems. I get the picture screen with my username. Next line is "The username or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK. On the bottom left there are 2 usernames both are the same (my username) I then have to click the top one to log on. How do I get rid of...