Windows 10: Problem with two different BSODs

Discus and support Problem with two different BSODs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey there, I just recently bought a used computer Lenovo Legion Model: 80WK00F9US from amazon, and from the first time I turned it on, before finishing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PietroSM, Apr 28, 2020.

1. PietroSM Win User

Problem with two different BSODs

hey there, I just recently bought a used computer Lenovo Legion Model: 80WK00F9US from amazon, and from the first time I turned it on, before finishing setting up windows, I ran into a BSOD. Since then I managed to finish install windows. The two different texts I get at the BSODs are: "driver power state failure" and "video TDR failure". So far I have tried updating driver, unninstalling it and installing the one from the lenovo website, but I am not sure if I did it correctly. Is there anyone that could help me?

:)

PietroSM, Apr 28, 2020
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Problem with two different BSODs :)

cplpro, Apr 28, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, Apr 28, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Problem with two different BSODs [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with two different BSODs - Similar Threads - Problem different BSODs

2. Multiple different BSOD over two weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple different BSOD over two weeks: They happen seemingly at random. The many topics about these indicate it's a driver issue, I just need to know which drivers are causing them since I updated everything from the BIOS to Sata drivers before this started happening.Here are the most recent...
  3. Multiple different BSOD over two weeks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple different BSOD over two weeks: They happen seemingly at random. The many topics about these indicate it's a driver issue, I just need to know which drivers are causing them since I updated everything from the BIOS to Sata drivers before this started happening.Here are the most recent...
  4. Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.

in Browsers and Email
    Two different problems reported by two different browsers for Outlook.: This started about three days ago and is consistent with Microsoft Edge and hit or miss with Firefox, except that Firefox has the option to accept the risk and continue on to sign-in. Both browsers are fully up to date but the funny thing is, my smart phone uses the same...
  5. Two different BSODs in the past week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two different BSODs in the past week: Hello, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my PC. I got 2 different BSODs in the past week and I'm starting to get worried. The BSODs are: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (latest one) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (first one) I'm uploading logs from BlueScreenView, V2 and...
  6. Four Different BSODs in two days

Four Different BSODs in two days: This is certainly alarming to me. I've had four different BSOD errors in the last two days: Code: 12/7/2019 21:10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 12/7/2019 10:07 ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY 12/6/2019 19:33 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 12/6/2019 8:18 (For some reason BlueScreenView...
  7. Two (little) different BSOD in two days.

Two (little) different BSOD in two days.: Hi, Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second...
  8. BSOD, two different messages on 2 bsod's

BSOD, two different messages on 2 bsod's: Hello, I recently got two blue screens, one after another. After the first one appeared while I was on my desktop it said the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", while the second time right after I booted up my system again it said "invalid MDL range". I have Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/

Two different BSOD codes in one day. :/: I've had two BSOD's in one day: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I don't overclock, but this system was considerably more reliable when I did (probably not because of the overclock). I thought the problem occurred only when under load, since I...
  10. BSODs with two different error messages.

BSODs with two different error messages.: Hallo everybody, first post on the forums. I had updated from win 7 to 10 several months ago and today I got my first BSODs. It happened two times in a row within an hour while I was playing on Pokerstars and running my usual set of programs. First it came with the...