Windows 10: Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1

Discus and support Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Java 13 but now I m getting problem with running netbeans. [ATTACH] I tried to uninstall it but I am getting error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZulfiqarKhan2, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1

Hi,

I have installed Java 13 but now I m getting problem with running netbeans.

Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1 3363123e-1b92-4b8c-a3a9-18f62edb0c76?upload=true.jpg

I tried to uninstall it but I am getting error message:

Java SE development kit not found on this machine.

I have attached the image also:

Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1 35e2d217-0445-4bb9-9fae-7c5ac108f8ce?upload=true.png

But java SE is installed on my machine. I can see it through control panel:

Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1 1968d310-1413-4d6c-9f09-63ad36a2bb5e?upload=true.jpg

Both javac and java are executing om my system:

C:\>echo %JAVA_HOME%

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-13.0.2\bin

>java -version

java version "13.0.2" 2020-01-14

JavaTM SE Runtime Environment build 13.0.2+8

Java HotSpotTM 64-Bit Server VM build 13.0.2+8, mixed mode, sharing

Contents of Netbeans 8.2 configuration file are:

# Default locations of userdir and cachedir:

# http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir

#

# On Windows ${DEFAULT_USERDIR_ROOT} will be replaced by the launcher

# with "<AppData>\NetBeans" where <AppData> is user's

# value of "AppData" key in Windows Registry under

# "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"

# and ${DEFAULT_CACHEDIR_ROOT} will be replaced by the launcher

# with "<Local AppData>\NetBeans\Cache" where <Local AppData> is user's

# value of "Local AppData" key in Windows Registry under

# "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders"

#

# On Mac ${DEFAULT_USERDIR_ROOT} will be replaced by the launcher

# with "~/Library/Application Support/NetBeans" and

# ${DEFAULT_CACHEDIR_ROOT} with "~/Library/Caches/NetBeans"

#

# On other systems ${DEFAULT_USERDIR_ROOT} will be replaced by the launcher

# with "~/.netbeans" and ${DEFAULT_CACHEDIR_ROOT} with "~/.cache/netbeans"

#

# You can also use ${HOME} variable which will be replaced with

# user.home JVM system property value. This variable is valid only in

# netbeans_default_userdir and netbeans_default_cachedir properties.

#

# NOTE: If you specify a non-default userdir path on command line

# --userdir option and don't specify a cachedir path --cachedir option,

# cachedir will be in "<userdir>/var/cache".

#

# Cachedir must be different from userdir. The same cachedir and userdir

# would cause problems.

#

netbeans_default_userdir="${DEFAULT_USERDIR_ROOT}/8.2"

netbeans_default_cachedir="${DEFAULT_CACHEDIR_ROOT}/8.2"

# Options used by NetBeans launcher by default:

# can be overridden by explicit command line switches

#

# Note that default -Xmx is selected for you automatically.

# You can find these values in var/log/messages.log file in your userdir.

# The automatically selected value can be overridden by specifying -J-Xmx

# here or on the command line.

#

# If you specify the heap size explicitly, you may also want to enable

# Concurrent Mark & Sweep garbage collector.

# see http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqGCPauses

#

netbeans_default_options="-J-client -J-Xss2m -J-Xms32m -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true -J-Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=true -J-Dsun.zip.disableMemoryMapping=true"

# Default location of JDK:

# set by installer or commented out if launcher should decide

#

# It can be overridden on command line by using --jdkhome <dir>

# Be careful when changing jdkhome.

# There are two NetBeans launchers for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit and

# installer points to one of those in the NetBeans application shortcut

# based on the Java version selected at installation time.

#

netbeans_jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-13.0.2"

# Additional module clusters:

# using ${path.separator} ';' on Windows or ':' on Unix:

#

#netbeans_extraclusters="/absolute/path/to/cluster1:/absolute/path/to/cluster2"

I have windows 10 pro installed on my system

Some body please guide me how to remove NetBeans8.2 & 8.1 from my system .

Zulfi.

:)

ZulfiqarKhan2, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Suprub93 Win User

Unable to uninstall Internet explorer 8

hello, i am new to the forums, i am having trouble uninstalling internet explorer 8, i have windows xp home edition, i went to control panel/add remove programs and it doesn't show there, i tried going into the main folder for IE8 but there is no uninstall icon, the reason i want to uninstall it is because i want to install back version 7, and it wont let me unless i uninstall the newer version. any suggestions?

Suprub93, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Netbeans 8.2 unsupported Java VM version

You need to install the 32-bit Java 8 VM. Netbeans 8.2 is a 32-bit application, it not compatiable with the 64-bit Java 8 VM, the error message is simply indicating this fact. However, if you are actually running Windows 10 32-bit, then I suspect the problem is due to the fact you have Java 8 Update 221 installed instead of an older version.

If that is the case then I suggest just extracting Netbeans from the installer and installing it to the directory of your choice. The Netbeans 8.2 installer has not been updated in ages, and will never be updated, if it happens to be checking the version of the Java VM installed on the system.

I strongly suggest you migrated to Apache NetBeans 11.1. Apache Netbeans (Netbeans is no longer an Oracle project) does not even have an installer. In order to install it you extract it to the directory you want it to exist in. This is really the only thing that the Netbeans 8.2 installer actually did, other than check to see if Java was installed, which is the cause of the error you have recieved.

After installation I executed Netbeans 8.2 but neither New Project or New File worked. So I figured out by Documentation that this version of Netbeans support at least JDK 8. So I repeated the process and installed JDK 8 version (precisely jdk1.8.0_221). Now all works fine and I can open new projects/files.

I suspect you had the 32-bit Java 11 VM originally installed which is the reason Netbeans 8.2 intially launched. Due to the fact Netbeans does not organically look for Java 9+ you were not able to compile projects.

Ramhound, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1

1. Problem with uninstalling netbeans 8.2 and 8.1 - Similar Threads - Problem uninstalling netbeans

2. Updates for Win11 8-8-23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates for Win11 8-8-23: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-for-win11-8-8-23/ef654628-ba82-4ec9-b3c8-9aa64cb9add7
  3. Updates for Win11 8-8-23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates for Win11 8-8-23: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-for-win11-8-8-23/ef654628-ba82-4ec9-b3c8-9aa64cb9add7
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Unable to uninstall Netbeans 8.2 RC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to uninstall Netbeans 8.2 RC: I have installed the latest Java JDK and JRE on Windows 10. It still pop up with JAVA SE development kitJDK was not found on this computer error message when i run the uninstaller. I have tried all methods on stackoverflow but it is still not working. Anyone can help?...
  7. Unable to Uninstall NetBeans 8.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Uninstall NetBeans 8.2: Hello, I have been trying to uninstall NetBeans for two days now. I tried through the Control panel and through the NetBeans uninstall.exe file. I keep getting: "the specified target component - nb-base/8.2.0.0.201609300101 was not found in the registry. The installer can...
  8. Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM: I am unbelievably upset. My computer was rebooted yesterday and the type has completely shrunk and the screen is super light. I have an urgent situation. I have limited vision and bought a large screen to have larger clearer type. Now I can hardly read the emails. The type is...
  9. Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 8,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 8,: how do i downgrade to windows 8, when i go to recovery options it doesn't give me the option to return to a previous version of windows, I tried to go to This pc and it has a folder for older windows but when i right click on the older version and go to properties under...
  10. The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display

in Windows 10 News
    The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display: There’s a new tiny computer in the market with 8-inch display. The Topjoy Falcon has just hit crowdfunding and it’s available for $399. Falcon runs Windows 10 and it has an 8-inch size that strikes a balance between performance and portability. The company claims that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot