Windows 10: Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign...

Discus and support Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd been trying to update my secondary computer to Windows 1903 for two days. I finally felt I had no choice but to use the Windows Update Assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadEdu, Sep 19, 2019.

1. MadEdu Win User

Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign...

I'd been trying to update my secondary computer to Windows 1903 for two days. I finally felt I had no choice but to use the Windows Update Assistant (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). I dowloaded it and started it and it was doing fine. Except right after 78% it threw up an error. Apparently it had kickstarted the actually Windows update from within my computer's software. That was okay, I thought, because at least it was working again.

When the update finished and the computer restarted the WiFi started kicking me offline. I checked to make sure it wasn't being turned off due to power saving; and it wasn't. I checked to make sure the drivers were installed; they were. And, the problem was apparently there were even more updates besides the 1903. There was a .Net update as well. So I let that continue, except I kept getting kicked offline. I changed my WiFi to another USB card I had and that seemed to fix the disconnection problem. Then it installed some update (I walked away and didn't get to see which one finished first) and the computer rebooted.

When I came back and logged in, I noticed that the icons on the desktop had no text. Then when I checked the status of the WiFi connection, the word "status" was written illegible. The, I noticed that the computer was slow to respond. I clicked on my Task Manager shortcut and that window's text was gibberish. It wasn't a actually language just weird characters.

I rebooted and the desktop icons came back but every other pop up window (explorer, task manager, etc.) was written in gibberish. It made it difficult to try to troubleshoot because I don't have any of the text memorized and I couldn't read it.

I tried rebooting again and the after logging in, the mouse started making weird noises whenever I moved it. And, I lost my keyboard. I rebooted again, and realized that the mouse worked normally until after I logged in. So on the login screen, I was able to get the accessibility feature to open the onscreen keyboard and used that. I went to the Microsoft store and using the onscreen keyboard I downloaded a few of the fonts available there for free. Some of the popup windows came back with real English text. Others are still affected, however. One more reboot and I got the mouse and keyboard back but the fonts are still bizarre.

My question (and I apologize for this long-winded post but I wanted to explain the different glitches and their chronology) is: is there any way to get the fonts back?

I've read other posts here about losing fonts and elaborate ways to edit the registry to get them back (forum post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/c6338179-199f-43da-9f39-c419384836d8?page=3 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...3d-eaab-49df-a681-b999797fda41?auth=1&page=11 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...appeared/097855a4-30fa-4f14-93e3-c7d5c5ca628e).

However, I'm not experienced in Power Shell, or in editing the registry so extensively. Is there a downloadable fix from Windows that will fix this?

This is a specially built computer, and I've moved a lot. So, I don't have a disk of drivers for all the hardware anymore and I really don't want to do a full reformat as I have software that I can't replace and the only thing I have is a backup disk set from 3-4 years ago.

I'd appreciate any direction anyone can give me. Thank you!

:)

MadEdu, Sep 19, 2019

2. Foreign Fonts in Windows 10 Applications

I tried this. These foreign fonts still show on the lists of fonts in my application. I can hide, but not delete "Leelawadi" for example, under Settings and Fonts. The font is greyed out there, but it still shows up in Microsoft Office when I look through
    the menu list of fonts.

donharmon42, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Foreign Fonts in Windows 10 Applications

Please try yourself to delete "Gadugi" or "Leelawadi." Windows 10 refuses, saying "This is a protected font." I cannot find any work-arounds to get rid of these foreign fonts that clutter up my computer and the lists of fonts in every application. Perhaps
    it cannot be done!

Please try yourself to delete "Gadugi" or "Leelawadi" on your PC. Windows 10 refuses, saying "This is a protected font." I cannot find any work-arounds to get rid of these foreign fonts that clutter up my computer and the lists of fonts in every application.
    Perhaps it cannot be done!

4. Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign...

Foreign Fonts in Windows 10 Applications

When I seek to select a font among the fancy ones I have added, it is difficult to find them because any application (e.g.,, Microsoft Office) list of fonts, is cluttered with dozens of unwanted
    foreign fonts I never use. Examples: Calisto, Dubai, Ebrima, Gadugi, Leelawadee, etc. I cannot find a way to uninstall or hide these unwanted foreign fonts. Can you help? Thanks so much!

Thema:

Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign...

1. Problem with Update 1903: Missing fonts, PopUp Windows written in gibberish, No foreign... - Similar Threads - Problem Update 1903

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  4. Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder: Hello there,Im looking for help. I've done research on similar problems but I didn't find the solution anyway.I have the font installed and it seems to be installed because when I try to install it again or even missing fonts I got the popup that this font is already...
  5. Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after update: Desktop fonts changed to gibberish after 2020-07 cumulatuve update - KB4562899 this morning. Its all the icons, date, and pop up when highlighting any app in task bar at bottlm. Start menu is fine. help!? [IMG]...
  6. Windows 1903 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 update problems: I just installed the 1903 update and noticed that it has made some very noticeable unwanted changes. The Start screen reverted to a menu; I had to set it back to my preference of full screen. But most of the items on there have been removed. THANKS, And now the background...
  7. Foreign font broken in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Foreign font broken in Notepad: I am using Windows 10 Pro. My Notepad files have some Korean, and all of them are broken as shown below (diamond symbols): (The file names and menu are correctly shown as you also can see below.) [ATTACH] What I tried was: - I changed the system locale to Korean. - I...
  8. Windows 1903 Update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 Update problem: hi team, Its been more than a month since the feature update of 1903 came into market . I have a desktop and a laptop. My desktop is currently having 1903 version but my laptop is not having any updates . Recently a couple of days before a got a cumulative update of...
  9. Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update: I updated to 1903 a few days ago without issue. Yesterday and again tonight after booting to desktop I saw a notification pop up We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings" [img]...
  10. Strange font on some windows popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font on some windows popup: Hello. I upgraded to windows 10 and for example when i delete some files form recicle bin the windows popup have a strange font like this How can i solve thanks 12502

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing fonts in windows 10 1903

2. windows 1903 system font missing

3. we found some issues updating to 1903 delete fonts