Windows 10: problem with update in windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support problem with update in windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; problem with update ... it freezes everything on my task bar... that is start button... cortona... notifications... all stops responding.... how can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McNiqoh, Sep 9, 2018.

1. McNiqoh Win User

problem with update in windows 10 upgrade

problem with update ... it freezes everything on my task bar... that is start button... cortona... notifications... all stops responding.... how can i get real help or troubleshoot that? in windows 10 upgrade

:)

McNiqoh, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 9, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. problem with update in windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - problem update upgrade

2. Windows 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade problem: I bought a Microsoft Surface 7 Pro with Windows 10 Home direct from Microsoft, then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from the store. When I discovered that the camera did not work I arranged to return the Surface for replacement. The replacement Surface has arrived and works fine...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade problems: So I recently upgraded my win7 Pro to win10pro through the official Windows site with the media creation tool and now the win10 is full of bugs. Any help would be much appreciated. Problems: *Cortana missing *When trying to open settings it just flashes *Unable to search...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade problems.: Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 last night. Now Office 2013 will not open. I can see my documents but trying to open them closes the program. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-problems/445d48dc-5a36-4570-b783-b163464bb58e
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade problems.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Upgrade problems.: After a Windows 10 upgrade, on startup the computer recommended that I logout of Windows. Bad idea. Although I know my microsoft account password, I do not know my windows password to log back in to my windows settings. Can I reset my windows password without knowing my...
  6. Windows 10 upgrading problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 upgrading problem: Hello First of all sorry for my English So I upgraded to win 10 yesterday (from win7) it worked great , I had no problem while installation (I choosed keep my data) . After installing i had the problem , after I type my user password and click enter , the screen stays black...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Upgrade Problems: After my system upgrade to Windows 10 I have had many errors resulting in blue screen crashes. I ran the SFC Scannow and it said it had errors it couldn't repair. I went through the text file and there are a bunch of dll files that came up saying cannot repair. This is about...
  8. windows 10 # KB4043961 upgrade / update problem

windows 10 # KB4043961 upgrade / update problem: Yesterday I checked for new windows updates and found #KB4043961 needed to be installed . It took almost 2 hours with several requested restarts . Once it displayed 100% complete and I completed the final restart , I went back in to updates and clicked on" update history"...
  9. windows 10 # KB4043961 upgrade / update problem

windows 10 # KB4043961 upgrade / update problem: I just decided to click on "uninstall updates " and low and behold update # Kb4043961 is there along with the two Adobe Flash player downloads so it did in fact download . Why it doesn't appear on the " update history" list and why all previous successful updates are gone is...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade problem: I had window 7 professional on my desktop on one HDD, the second hard drive once Vista was reformatted and blank boot. I must have made some mistake in the menu choices for the upgrade. All I know is that W10 Pro installed OK but is seeking activation? I'm too scared to...