Windows 10: Problem with updates

Discus and support Problem with updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just checked my main desktop for updates and downloaded them and installed them. The machine has restarted but is stuck on Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2021.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Problem with updates

I have just checked my main desktop for updates and downloaded them and installed them. The machine has restarted but is stuck on Windows is configuring your machine don't turn it off. After half an hour of this I reset the computer but the same process keeps happening. Any ideas on what to do please?

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 29, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 29, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem with updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Problem with updates

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Problem with updates

1. Problem with updates - Similar Threads - Problem updates

2. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  3. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.: I have a Questrade account, the latest automatic windows update has messed up the access to the account. Is anyone else having issues? I also use Sentinel Hub which is also messed up. Both work just fine on a computer that was not updated....
  4. Problems with the latest automatic Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  6. Problem with Windows Updates

Problem with Windows Updates: So there’s a problem with my windows updates which is I cannot fix it almost 2 hours now. Can someone help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-windows-updates/913c6711-edb5-40c8-81c9-7f59dff3103a
  7. Having a problem on windows update setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd
  8. Having a problem on windows update setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem on windows update setup: Hi can someone help having a problem on this set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-on-windows-update-setup/6d027f61-cb7d-4c75-ad74-537d822affcd
  9. Having a problem on windows update setup

10. Microsoft Store update problem

Microsoft Store update problem: HelloI'm currently having a problem with Microsoft Store.Whenever i open up Microsoft Store,and click on Library the following Apps say they need updating:-App InstallerMixed Reality PortalGet HelpMicrosoft PeopleSnipping ToolMSN WeatherXbox Game Bar PluginI update all of...