Windows 10: Problem with USB Auto Start

Discus and support Problem with USB Auto Start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since last Microsoft update I can not Autostart USB's. I have BestBuy Geek service and they could not help. I have a Dell desktop Inspiron 3670, 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HalVit, Dec 28, 2019.

1. HalVit Win User

Problem with USB Auto Start

Since last Microsoft update I can not Autostart USB's. I have BestBuy Geek service and they could not help. I have a Dell desktop Inspiron 3670, 1 year old. My CD's will Auto Start.

:)

HalVit, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 28, 2019
  3. windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 28, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with USB Auto Start - Similar Threads - Problem USB Auto

2. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Start!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I upgraded my old secondary laptop from Windows 7 to 8.1. It is fine but Windows 8.1 and 10 are built-in fast startup. So my laptop automatically starts upon opening the lid without pressing power button. I did in Windows 7 when I hibernate anytime....
  3. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Start!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I upgraded my old secondary laptop from Windows 7 to 8.1. It is fine but Windows 8.1 and 10 are built-in fast startup. So my laptop automatically starts upon opening the lid without pressing power button. I did in Windows 7 when I hibernate anytime....
  4. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Start: How do one get apps like web browser an email app to start automatically at Windows 10 start up? With Windows XP which I used before I just added a link to the specific app to ...\Startup in the Start Menu, but I can't find this anywhere in Windows 10....
  6. No auto USB insert

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  7. No auto USB insert

in Windows 10 Support
    No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  8. USB Problem At Start-Up/Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Problem At Start-Up/Reboot: Hi, I'm hoping someone may be able to help as since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I've had problems with my USB ports and devices not working at initial start-up and if the PC is restarted. The lights come on keyboard, mouse, network adapter etc until it reaches...
  9. auto start

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto start: how do I keep one note and driver finder from auto starting when I turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/auto-start/4bc573d3-c211-4131-a308-0bd165df878a
  10. auto start

in Browsers and Email
    auto start: hi all, I believe my gmail starts automatically when I turn on my pc.....I don't want it to. How do I set it up not to start automatically. Cheers mark. 42050