Windows 10: Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

Discus and support Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My problem is a USB keyboard and a mouse. Whenever I plug them in the USB port on my Asus laptop connected to the socket, they won’t work. However when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SierraLove, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

My problem is a USB keyboard and a mouse. Whenever I plug them in the USB port on my Asus laptop connected to the socket, they won’t work. However when I start this laptop from the battery, the keyboard and the mouse are working without any problems. I check whether this mouse and keyboard can work on other devices and yes, they work without any problems.

I did some troubleshooting steps like updating, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I also unchecked the '''Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power''' option in Device Manager on every USB root hub. The problem is still here. I’ve got this old Asus laptop as a present from my friend

:)

SierraLove, Feb 24, 2019

2. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

Dodgy Cable/Socket?

You could have a dodgy cable or USB socket.

Remove all of your USB devices.
    Then try each of them (individually) to see if you can tell which device/socket is responsible.

For example, connect only a keyboard or mouse and then try:
    • Jiggling the cable to see if it is responsible
    • Swapping the cable to a different USB socket and try again

lehnerus2000, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

1. Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket - Similar Threads - Problem USB mouse

2. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  3. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken: Hello,I have a Microsoft kit with keybord + mouse this ones: https://www.microsoft.com/en/accessories/products/keyboards/wireless-desktop-900, and they are fantastic. It happens that unfortunately I broke the USB dongle. Without that, I am not being able to use those...
  4. Connecting mouse & keyboard - USB dongle broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  6. Computer USB Socket connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer USB Socket connection: I am having issues with my USB ports affecting mainly USB Memory Sticks and my Wacom. If I plug anything into any USB port after I have started my computer, it does not come on screen. On plugging and item into USB port the normal pick-up sound is made and Device Manager...
  7. Computer USB Socket connection

8. USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.

USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.: It is seen several times that when i switch on my PC, Keyboard and Mouse USB plugged doesn't connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connectivity-problem-with-keyboard-mouse-when/32262ad9-c9fa-433b-8b31-a2609a3e4c40
  9. USB to 9 pin socket problem

USB to 9 pin socket problem: Reluctant to loose the use of my old flight simulator as Windows 10 won't recognize it when using a normal joystick and playing any early versions of flight simulators I found a converter is available that overcomes the problem but the joystick must have a 9 pin plug at...
  10. Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected): After I finished installing Windows 10 to my Windows 7 computer, it began to misbehave and not function correctly. After that, the keyboard and mouse stopped working (The cursor was gone completely). I tried restarting the computer but that didn't work. I am stuck on the...