Windows 10: problem with User Folder ins C: please please help

Discus and support problem with User Folder ins C: please please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i want to get into to see and edit stuff in my Games and Documents folders, i open it up C: to behold it isnt there. only things are Perf Logs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KynanBohner, Apr 27, 2020.

1. problem with User Folder ins C: please please help

so i want to get into to see and edit stuff in my Games and Documents folders, i open it up C: to behold it isnt there. only things are Perf Logs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Windows, and Windows.old. now....this is not what i am used to in a computer only Saved Games folder?, and documents has nothing in it though i have many games and other stuff already downloaded by this point. This is a new Laptop and i am guessing refurbished because i bought it on amazon. so i make it to where i can see hidden files and behold there is my Users folder but so much is wrong with it, doesnt have my exact name just the first 4 letters of my microsoft email account and alot of the files there were last edited 2017,2018,2019. i got this 2 weeks ago, new account. now when i open my users account and choose mine everything is wrong with it, stuff thats not supposed to be there is there, everything in there has the right dates though its just everything else in the C: and Users folders that has all the older dates dont know if that has any relevance. will also note users are Default, numbeemail, and Public. if anyone can help please do.

:)

KynanBohner, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 27, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

4. problem with User Folder ins C: please please help

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

problem with User Folder ins C: please please help

1. problem with User Folder ins C: please please help - Similar Threads - problem User Folder

2. Please help with C-Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with C-Drive: Hi, I was opening ZIPFILE on D disk, even tho I have hundreds of GB free on D disk, it told me NOT ENOUGH space and once I canceled opening the file, C disk became full... I have tried Disk Clean Up, but how do I clean C disk? How do I delete files I can't see... opening zip...
  3. Folder permissions problems, please HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permissions problems, please HELP!: I accidentally denied myself from using one of my folders. When I try to give my rights back it says I can't, because I have no rights. When I changed permissions I changed admin's permissions. So any idea how can I get use it again? submitted by /u/Saksamies [link]...
  4. Undeletable folders in C:\, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable folders in C:\, please help: I'm facing this problem: I made a clean re-installation of Windows and everything has gone smoothly so far. I even renamed user accounts and also the user names, as well as the name of the PC that was given by Windows. I have a directory (with sub-directories) in C:\ which...
  5. problem with User Folder is C: please please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with User Folder is C: please please help: so i want to get into to see and edit stuff in my Games and Documents folders, i open it up C: to behold it isnt there. only things are Perf Logs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Windows, and Windows.old. now....this is not what i am used to in a computer only Saved Games...
  6. User area problems, please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User area problems, please help: OK, So I have built my new computer, which I did on Monday. I set it all up with Windows 10 (Home user) and have installed Steam and I was playing games. I had ironed out a few problems over the last few days and it was running like a dream! This morning, I made the (bad)...
  7. User area problems, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    User area problems, please help: I have installed Windows10 Home onto a new computer. I tried to add a new user for my wife. I set her as an adult (not admin). I added Steam, so that she could play games. I copied and pasted some shortcuts from my user area onto hers because I knew she would never be able to...
  8. User account problems, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    User account problems, please help: OK, So I have built my new computer, which I did on Monday. I set it all up with Windows 10 (Home user) and have installed Steam and I was playing games. I had ironed out a few problems over the last few days and it was running like a dream! This morning, I made the (bad)...
  9. C++ trouble, please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C++ trouble, please help.: I've been getting a The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect error when trying to boot winrar or steam. I read that I need to uninstall c++, so I did. I downloaded the vcredist_x86 file to update my c++ to fix the issue....
  10. Please help with this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...