Windows 10: Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up

Discus and support Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am SO FRUSTRATED. I have a bran new Windows 10 computer. Somehow, when I was setting it up, I entered the wrong email address. NOW, every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoAnne Alienware, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up

I am SO FRUSTRATED. I have a bran new Windows 10 computer.

Somehow, when I was setting it up, I entered the wrong email address.

NOW, every time I long in to my computer, my name - with the wrong email addresscomes up.

I cannot seem to remove this incorrect name and email and replace it with the correct information.

Additionally, this seems to affect my email account and address in the Windows 10 Mail application

AND, when I installed Office 365, the email address was also wrong. I have uninstalled Office 365 completely until I get this User Account information problem solved.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to remove the incorrect User Account info and email and replace it with the correct info.

Ideally, it seems like this would match with my Microsoft Account login information - but right now, it does not.

Thanks SOOO much for your help with this frustrating situation.

JoAnne Flynn

:)

JoAnne Alienware, Jan 8, 2020

2. office 365 account recognized by EMail but not Office

I recently upgraded to a Nokia 920. I was able to create Email Accounts for both my AT&T email and my Office 365 hosted Exchange account. But when I go into the Windows Phone Office app it doesn't register my Exchange Email account as an Office 365 account.
    When I click on Office 365 under Places it prompts me to create a new account. If I try to do that with my Office 365 credentials it tells me that I already have an account on the phone using those credentials. I've already tried removing the email account
    and setting it up through the Office app, but that just re-adds it as an Exchange account. I can get my mail and calendar, but can't access documents stored in SharePoint online sites.

Paul stork, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jan 8, 2020
  4. hicn jim Win User

Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up

Windows Phone 7 and converting Office Live to Office 365 account

Since the Office Live accounts serve as live accounts for default account on windows phone, how will this impact users when our Office Live account is converted to Office 365?

Currently our domain is set up with Office Live, so all our users use their email address as the default email account on Windows Phones the same as you would a Live email account. When our Office Live account converts to Office 365 in the near future,
    will the phones have to be reset? Will the Office 365 accounts be able to be the default "Live" account or will each user need a new live account as default and set up the Office 365 account as an additional on the phones? Office 365 is an exchange account
    rather than a "Live" account like the phone asks for when you first set it up.

Thanks

hicn jim, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up

1. Problem with Username and email account on new Windows 10, Office 365 set up - Similar Threads - Problem Username email

2. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  3. Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365: I use Outlook on Windows 365 on a Windows 10 Desktop. I have many sub-folders and many sub-sub folders. However, now under DELETED ITEMS, all these folders appear - empty as well as in strict alphabetical order. I would like to get rid of these extra folders, but am...
  4. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  5. Office 365 - synched email account eliminated, settings for laptop reconfigured

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 - synched email account eliminated, settings for laptop reconfigured: When opening Office 365, I now get directed to outlook live - this changed overnight while computer was off My home page no longer appears as set up - My main email account earthlink which was synched no longer appears and I am unable to add it to email accounts...
  6. Set up new email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up new email account: I'm trying to set up a new email account but it keeps telling me my Shawmail account setting are out of date. I have checked my password and security certificate and both are as they should be???...
  7. Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account

Setting up Exchange on Andriod with school Office 365 account: Hello, I have an Office 365 from school and I want to sync the email, contacts, etc. to the Office 365 account. Before this I was able to do it with just a Microsoft live.com email login. But I can't seem to be able the do the same process with my school address login. I...
  8. Problem with Office 365 account

Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  9. Problem with Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  10. Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365

Backing Up And Importing Email Accounts For Outlook 2016 In Office 365: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 on a Dell XPS-17 L702X. I recently cloned, using Acronis TI 2018, my factory installed 500GB primary drive onto a newly purchased 1TB drive. I'm now going to reset the OS. I don't mind reinstalling most application after a reset or clean install...