Windows 10: Problem with VAIO tablet (Something Happened)

Discus and support Problem with VAIO tablet (Something Happened) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the media creation tool to make a USB flash drive to install Windows 10. This worked perfectly on my main PC. I ran setup on my tablet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tw33k, Jul 28, 2015.

1. tw33k Win User

Problem with VAIO tablet (Something Happened)

I used the media creation tool to make a USB flash drive to install Windows 10. This worked perfectly on my main PC.

I ran setup on my tablet and after checking for updates, it asks for the product key with no way to continue without it.

I ran the media creation tool and chose to upgrade now and it almost instantly goes to a screen saying "Something Happened" and the only option is to close the window.

The Get Windows 10 sys tray icon is missing and when I try to run the app nothing happens.

Windows update tells me my copy is reserved.

Any ideas why this is hapenning and how to get around it?

:)

tw33k, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mobile & MirrorLink

While this is nice and neat, it is sadly Continuum, not Mirrorlink" it won't work if I pick "Android auto" on my car. If my had an HDMI or DisplayPort port, I would use my Continuum dock.

Something Happened, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mobile & MirrorLink

I agree. And all they need to do is output Continuum on the car. I think we can all manage as a starting point.

I mean I don't think anyone would do anything beside start the Map app and Groove Music or some other music app. I mean, I highly doubt someone will type a Word document while driving. And then, when their custom special GUI things is ready, assuming they
    are interested in this, then yea, change the system. But it looks like Microsoft doesn't see any benefits of car integration, which is a shame.. as this is the future, and can be the first step for Microsoft to actually be a car OS. Now, Android is taking
    over the car space. Heck, Honda cars with the infotainment console already runs on Android.. and that was since many years. I am sure that they are other car manufacture doing the same. It is sad to see such great company filled with exceptional talent being
    blind by the obvious movement of the market.

I truly hope that I am wrong and that Microsoft is indeed working on something. Else, Windows might only be living in a world of PCs which is dying, as you can bet that Google will be having a Continuum competitor, and the future is mobile device that you
    can take anywhere. And as for cars, I expect to see Google having wireless sync with the connected phone where you go in your car, and you have your pined maps in sync with the car instantly, and have your currently playing music also in sync and playing,
    all apps of the driver available, all by keeping the phone in the driver pocket, and not have a separate experience. In other words, an evolution of Bluetooth integration.

Something Happened, Jul 28, 2015
  4. tw33k Win User

tw33k, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Problem with VAIO tablet (Something Happened) - Similar Threads - Problem VAIO tablet

2. Something unexpected happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  3. Something unexpected happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something unexpected happened: I dont know what is the unexpected happened in your end but I want you to fix it immediately together with this error code in my store 0x80240013. Microsoft always have issue in their app and I dont know why. Even updating Windows is not worth to try because it does not help....
  4. Something unexpected happened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. something happened 0x8024001E

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    something happened 0x8024001E: Please help me I cant figure out what is happening on your end error message. I tried to run windows store troubleshooter and even reset the store with nothing. I tried to restart multiple times and still got the error....
  6. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  7. Sony vaio starting problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sony vaio starting problem: I have a prolem when starting my vaio sony, shows this screen only with no any solution, please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-vaio-starting-problem/3096e97d-c9f4-49d6-9b61-6b20147c4935
  8. Something Happened to me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Something Happened to me: Hello, With the help of members of this forum I have gotten to the MediaCreation Tool 64 bit and a Windows 10 Pro without the N. I intend to download an ISO to burn to a DVD for later installation. Unfortunately when it is run it goes to a "Something Happened" message and...
  9. Something Happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Happened: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, but I keep getting the Message "Something Happened" Windows is trying to determine if your PC can run Windows 10. I have removed my Virus program (MBAM) and cleaned out my Windows.old directories and made sure that Win 7 was...
  10. Something's Odd Is Happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Something's Odd Is Happening: I have Windows 10 Home 64bit operating system installed on my desktop computer. Recently, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox version 52.0.2 (64bit) on my computer and was successful because I have tried many times before without success. However, my elation was short-lived as the...